• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Harry Kite

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Strong possibility may even be reunited with Alex.
If they're not good enough to get into City's first team, you think they're going to walk into Rovers'?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
If they're not good enough to get into City's first team, you think they're going to walk into Rovers'?
This is my thinking

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sad to see Kite go. He was the first player photo my daughter got so will always have that memory, but tbh I think he needs to go and play first team football somewhere. Don't think he'll end up at Bristol but at a decent league 2 side with playoff ambitions.

grecIAN Harris

It's sad to see Harry go but the reality is he never really nailed down a place in the side like his contemporaries in the shape of Collins, Key and Hartridge did. He never let us down when he came in. Like Alex, probably needs a move to rejuvenate his career having been here for so long

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
With all the injuries he has had,it's been a stop/start career for him. Disappointing to see him go,but it's come to the point where he is wasting his career at City.Needs a fresh start to get it back on track again.Less depth in reliable strength for the City squad though.

andrew p long

I suspect he'll move to a club lower down the league placings than ECFC, of which Bristol Rovers is one ;)

IIRC MT did once refer to Harry as potentially another million pound sale (never saw it that way myself!). So it is possible that MT will want Harry as part of a squad where there are 2 players for every position, particularly after MT discards the (many) Rovers players that he doesn't appear to rate.

Grecianpasty

I'd be interested to know if he was offered a contract or not. I had always been led to believe that he hadn't. I think this is a sign of where we have come as a club, and the type of player GC is looking for.

I can see him ending up at Yeovil.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
No surprise he's off.

Seems like a great guy. Might be controversial on here, but I've never rated him as highly as others - feel like he's flattered to deceive more often than not, but his effort (and the fact that he's one of our own) has papered over the cracks. Had a very useful purple patch of goal scoring under KMT though, which will be my lasting memory of him.

Wishing him all the best for his future career 👍

tonykellowfan

I didn't want Hartridge to leave but not fussed about Kite going. Usual bias because he came through the ranks, but really not L1 standard.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't want Hartridge to leave but not fussed about Kite going. Usual bias because he came through the ranks, but really not L1 standard.
I hate writing player off when they're leaving, because it often comes back to bite us. But he's not proved he's League 1 standard with us, for sure. It could be argued that that's been because he's mainly been played out of position under Caldwell.