• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Happy New Year and thank you to Matt Taylor...

budegrecian

Yes, MT is doing a fantastic job. I know he's always said he doesn't get to high after a win or to low after a defeat, but he was certainly pretty high after the final whistle yesterday & had every right to be. I hadn't seen him that animated & gesturing with clenched fists to the City fans before.

AL_Yates

He has helped to bring our divided club together again, gates are climbing and the team are rolling on like a juggernaut at the moment. It was time for a change :)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
He has helped to bring our divided club together again, gates are climbing and the team are rolling on like a juggernaut at the moment. It was time for a change :)
Would (almost) agree totally there Mr Y.
Caveats:
1) Maybe be not (quite) a "juggernaut" yet, but certainly a solidly constructed machine, assembled from fine components (both second hand and new) and - hopefully - still truly discovering it's true potential.
2) Your final sentence a tad churlish I suggest. I (like you, but unlike some on here) was never a Tisdale sycophant but do have to admit that, in his early days he did help with some of the initial "rolling".

geoffwp

2K, I dont believe there were any Tisdale sycophants, just fans who supported the manager at that time as no doubt they support the manager now.

Grecian2K

Fair comment there Geoff. Although there were (and perhaps still a few) who were so beguiled by the Grecian Messiah's new cravats and chinos that it took a while for the scales to fall from their eyes.

To be fair, it wasn't just us. Many at La Stade des Vaches Concrete were similarly seduced for a while.

STURTZ

Yes, MT is doing a fantastic job. I know he's always said he doesn't get to high after a win or to low after a defeat, but he was certainly pretty high after the final whistle yesterday & had every right to be. I hadn't seen him that animated & gesturing with clenched fists to the City fans before.
Sure he wasn't doing a double Tisdale?

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is beginning to look as if this season could well end being a bit special. Matt has been moulding this team in his image and seems to have succeeded in producing a team for all seasons.

We now have one of the strongest squads I have known us to have and unlike virtually every other season the success of the team has not depended on the performance and fitness of one or two individuals as there are able deputies for every position.

In referring to a team of all seasons again it looks as if we can play football to suit the conditions and are not necessarily dependent on the state of the pitches.

This season we have been picking up points playing both a crisp passing game and also a more direct game as well as winning dirty and grinding out results. MT has signed players of stature both height and build and as a result of this do no longer get bullied either in defence or attack.

We are no longer proper chaps, stand up for ourselves and whilst not going down the same route as Wycombe and the like are street wise and know how to manage and see out games. UTC.

malcolms

To state the obvious, someone to score a goal or two when we are under pressure would help, but as I said in the OP, we should be truly delighted the way things are developing. A good man, working hard and getting the rewards he deserves. Long may it continue.... :)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Quality in every department, strength in depth, fantastic youngsters coming through, whats not to like?

I was a bit skeptical about the Taylor choice and thought losing Tisdale might be tough for the club (though I also believed by the end that he had to go)... Glad to be proven wrong.
Taylor seems to be developing himself as well. Interviews were a bit cliche-ridden to start with, but now comes across as highly intelligent, but without being desperate to prove it. Talks well. Not that that is a priority, but the teams doing alright as well. Recruitment is great. Great hit/miss ratio on the signings. More than happy.

Grecian2K

Loved his post-match comment about 50 points meaning we're "probably" safe!! :D