• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Happy Hudders fan here

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
ordered my ticket online earlier this evening.

gotta come down for this one.

can't wait.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Came on the coach in 90's--cant recall score and again on coach in 79 when we won 4-1.
Did you come for Huddersfields first visit to SJP in 1976? This was back in Division 4(Huddersfields first time at that level iirc)

A couple of coach loads came down from The Republic of Yorkshire for that game & it sticks in my mind because it was unusual for teams in the north of England to bring that many followers all the way to Exeter,at that time

Hudders had just nose dived the Divisions,1 to 4,in quick time

The Grecians won that one 4-1 & many Huddersfield fans left early to stock up with ale from the Tesco & have a scrap with the 'old bill' at the coach station...There is a picture in one of the football books the club has produced of a Terriers follower being flattened by a copper lying on him at the bus station..:D...

Last edited:

hillview red

Genuine question to all Huddersfield fans - Do you think Lee Clark will play a full strength team? The chances of you going up are very very very slim. Will Lee Clark really want to risk all his best players against a team that will be flying into challenges left, right and centre? Maybe the answer is yes. But if the boot was on the other foot I'd be quietly hoping that Tis would rest some of our star players and those with niggles. If someone were to get injured on Saturday, Clark would look quite naive.

Also, will the players be up for it? If I was bracing myself for a two-legged Play-off showdown and a potential trip to Wembley then I wouldn't be too bothered about this weekend.

HTFC08

I have no doubt we will field our strongest team because even if we don't get 2nd, we still want to get 3rd or 4th so we have the 2nd leg at home in the play-offs. Am hoping to get my ticket on tueday for game so I think we should sell out. I have always liked Exeter so I really do hope they stay up best of luck guys!

flackyISmydadHONEST

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who cares where you come in the play-offs? If you're good enough you'll go up either way.

Just let us win FFS!

:p

I can't go and feel sick at the thought of what next Saturday will be like. It's that or the quantity of meat I consumed at my BBQ this afternoon - I don't think I will eat until Thursday.

I think it's the meat. It's always the meat.

hudders

Oldsmobile----no didnt come in 76 was def when Kindon scored a hat trick for us.We used (and still do) have a tremendous away following,Biggest drawback is this league is like Div 3 south with hardly any northern teams in.
Hillview--We will DEFINITELY play our strongest side but your point is a good one---your need is greater than ours and desire might just take you over the line.I believe you will need to score at least 2 to win cos we score for fun--got 99 now for the season in all league and cup games and have pace to burn up front but as I said previously we have to go for it in the slim hope of autos.When as will surely happen scores filter through that suggests we are in play offs then I believe we will ease off and you may take us.
Best of luck lads & lasses really hope Stockport turn Tranny over and we win by some freaky score and we go up and you stay up.Then off to pub !!!

STURTZ

I was up at Leeds Road in 76-77 and was seemingly the only City fan there to watch Peter Hatch break from the half way line to score a twenty five yarder in the pouring rain. We won there 1:0 after beating Huddersfield at SJP 2:0. (We were promoted that year though!)

Poultice

I was up at Leeds Road in 76-77 and was seemingly the only City fan there .
Oi, I know, cos I was there.

hudders

Remember that game Sturtz---they were dark days for Town after being in top league only 4 yrs previously-our big change of fortune recently has been new ground (1994) and new minted and Town fan chairman but the league table doesnt lie as they say and we need to prove we deserve to go up a tier where we feel we belong