• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Happy Hudders fan here

hudders

Hello Exeter fans,
Coming down your way next weekend with many other Town fans----think we should sell out in what is bound to be a tense affair.We will need to try and hammer you for our very very outside chance of automatics.This may well play into your hands and leave gaps at the back.
Clearly I hope we win but respect your home form and the fact no top club has turned you over at home.
I feel you need a win as Tranmere are likely to win at Stockport--we beat em 6-0 at their place last week and they are woeful.
Whatever happens I GENUINELY hope you stay up---I am not being patronising so please dont take it that way but although its geographically not ideal I always enjoy (well only been twice actually !) my trips to Exeter whereas Tranmere-whilst only an hour away--is a ground we seldom get anything.
Whatever happens for us with what is likely to be the playoffs I believe we are in good hands for the future and the feelgood factor runs through the club.
It was only £10 to get in yest but we got almost 18,000 with 221 from Colchester and whilst we need to prove it on the pitch we believe our set up and history deserves 2nd tier footy.
PS---Marcus is a legend in Udders and should he figure next week will get a raptorous reception from the Town fans.
Good luck

grecian55

HI HUDDERS,thanx for your post and best wishes for and i wish you and your fellow fans a safe journey to and from Devon ,you said some nice things about us and i,personnally, wish you and your team all the very best in the play offs ,i dont want to say anything negative about next saturdays game as its crucial for us both ,as you have been down here before you will know you have a decent pub only 100 yards from your turnstiles and lets hope the game and the weather are both good ,see you saturday.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
congrats on reaching the play offs from an Exeter supporter who has seen it all over many years

Although we have done well against the top teams at home we have been dire against the likes of Stockport and thats why we are in the sh*te

You can applaud Stewart if you like but many of us will be hoping (against all hope) that he does not play, especially up front.

I am hoping Stockport do us a favour, and if they do and you stuff us 10-0 we can all have a party!

i_m

hudders

Thanks Grecian55----------yes remember that pub.Was 1990's last time Town came down I think.Is that the best pub to go in ?
We are a noisy bunch and like a good pub sing song---any pubs not safe--coming on train.Is it walkable to ground from station ? Came on the coach in 90's--cant recall score and again on coach in 79 when we won 4-1.
Sorry for all questions but any advice useful---also for pub grub which is best ?

hudders

Whatever happens in play offs not as serious as possible relegation and we have had our fair share of that ! Good thing about following Town is ive seen em in all 4 divisions over the years from Man U to Workington (when they were in lge)
Like the party idea Information ministry

hudders

ps fair point about Stewart--he must be over 35 now so probably over the hill but has been a great player over the years.Big strong forwards like Lisbie worry our defence

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
.....Big strong forwards like Lisbie worry our defence
No problem there then. We ain't got none of them!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are a noisy bunch and like a good pub sing song---any pubs not safe--coming on train.Is it walkable to ground from station ?
Stay away from the Horse & Dray, Duke of York and Henry's Bar. The Wells Tavern not far from the away end on Well Street is away fan friendly and away fans are also welcomed into our Centre Spot Social club behind the Flybe Stand as well as the outside bar known as the Red Square which is near to the entrance of the Centre Spot and opposite the club shop. As for trains, you can get a train from Exeter St Davids to St James' Park station right next to our ground. Just catch the XX:18 Exmouth trains, takes 5 minutes. Failing that you can get the XX:48 Exmouth trains (which dont stop at SJP) and get off at Exeter Central station and its just over a 10 minute walk through the town to the ground.

hudders

Thanks for that zider---------much appreciated

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Also forgot to mention that the XX:26 London Waterloo trains also stop at Exeter Central. All Exmouth and Waterloo trains depart from Platform 1 at St Davids