• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Half and Half Shirt

Grecian68

Never seen this before, surely we never sold these?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
They were sold out of a small shop on sidwell street by a bunch of fans, I seem to remember RHK was one of them? I didn’t buy one, I thought they’d never take off. They didn’t.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Maybe Rog could give a bit more info on it , what year / How many were sold etc ? Never know it might have been part of our history when we were trying to save the club and people were trying anything to get money in.

Probably wouldnt get fans of clubs these days having to make shirts.

Colesman Ballz

Maybe Rog could give a bit more info on it , what year / How many were sold etc ? Never know it might have been part of our history when we were trying to save the club and people were trying anything to get money in.

Probably wouldnt get fans of clubs these days having to make shirts.
Looking at the font used it probably dates from the time when our shirt sponsors were the Exeter Friendly Society, so pre R & L, Trust etc. As you say, I'm sure Rog could fill in the background. If they were being sold from a shop In Sidwell St I think it would be a fair bet that it would have been his haberdashery shop "Percy's Fabrics".

Stelios

Never seen one of those before. Interesting!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some other interesting bits from the same seller.

fred binneys head

It was definitely pre R&L. And it might have been his shop, might not, I just have a memory of him selling them. But I could be wrong!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've been here long enough to know that nobody admits to being "wrong" on Exeweb ;)

fred binneys head

You've been here long enough to know that nobody admits to being "wrong" on Exeweb ;)
I do, so please apologise to Exeweb for being wrong 😉

Grecian68

No bids yet with just over a day to go, though they’re looking for £75 or best offer.