• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Haggis Yay or Nay ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Given the grief you give out to those who indulge in packet and tinned soups etc, shirley you should be making your own ? Living in the rural idyll of Tebbern, plentiful supplies of offal and other ingredients must shirley be to hand ? Creating your own still secreted in the local back woods could be an interesting pastime too ! :cool:
Neeps teddies and whisky gravy all cooked from scratch Mr Ballz. You make a fair point but this meal was a late call and too late to produce a home crafted haggis. Sadly Management had purchased the vegetarian version from Mr Waitrose so she had to make a second journey. The vegetarian version looks just wrong and had to be given the The Elbow.

5 single malts and one blended to finish off courtesy of Dr Inks box scheme (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's a nay.

When you've seen young wild haggis gambolling in the Highlands, you just don't want to eat them.

Grecian2K

It's a nay.

When you've seen young wild haggis gambolling in the Highlands, you just don't want to eat them.
Of course you do!! Especially if you've blasted them yourself with your trusty double-barrelled Purdey! Tickety-boo, old bean <hic>

IndoMike

As it is Burns night anyone partaking ?

Neeps tatties and whisky gravy to go with it.

I am giving it a try
Hope you're wearing a kilt and sporran..

elginCity

Ha, years ago had a haggis on the bubble when prospective buyers showed up for a viewing. Stank the house out, but tasted real good iirc.

:)

PS No, they didn't put an offer in !

Swanaldo

Neeps teddies and whisky gravy
Gravy on a haggis?!? Never!

Grecian2K

Ah, but the whisky infused variety is (literally) "a different gravy"!

Alistair20000

I got the recipe from a Scottish chef. The whisky gravy was bleddy lovely.

Who said it went ON the haggis ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I tried it in batter from a Scottish chippie late one night. I believe that I considered it good enough to give it another go but couldn't say for certain as my memory of that evening out is a little hazy.

Swanaldo

Who said it went ON the haggis ?
Did you have it on its own in a glass, like a boozy Bovril? That would be acceptable. 😂