• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Haggis Yay or Nay ?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did you have it on its own in a glass, like a boozy Bovril? That would be acceptable. 😂
Poured carefully onto the plate with dunking of the mashed neeps and tatties and/or the haggis au choix. O.K. ?

Swanaldo

Hmm, à chacun son goût I suppose but this particular Scot disapproves. The national dish requires only the liberal application of black pepper to attain perfection. If the neeps are prepared with ample butter, they should be wet enough to counteract the dry, spicy haggis. All IMHO of course.

(My mum concurs by the way, and you ought not to argue with a Central Belt mother about such things) 🤔😂😂😂

Alistair20000

Hmm, à chacun son goût I suppose but this particular Scot disapproves. The national dish requires only the liberal application of black pepper to attain perfection. If the neeps are prepared with ample butter, they should be wet enough to counteract the dry, spicy haggis. All IMHO of course.

(My mum concurs by the way, and you ought not to argue with a Central Belt mother about such things) 🤔😂😂😂
In the circumstances the whisky gravy will be given the The Elbow in future servings. Never argue with a Scottish lady.