• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Groundhog Day

Barum

Ok, I'm not a businessman, just a thick overhead linesman with a passion for Exeter City FC.

Can someone please tell me in simple terms why my Football Club is in financial meltdown again.

I was under the impression this would NEVER happen again under the supporter run model....So WTF is going on?

citydrinker

2 minute hobble from the nearest pub. Or in it.
Clever GREED.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Put simply, the Club spends more than it earns and a lot of that spending is on people and projects that do not offer value for money.

grecianboyy

Can't even put into words how i feel right now,IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!!,like some biblical curse.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Don't worry you can wake up tomorrow to a fresh start.

wemissmoxey

Performances at SJP over the last year or two have played a massive part in this, this has been due to a p**s poor negative mentality and baffling decision making.

We obviously have big issues off the field however a lot of the problems we are in now fall at the door of Tisdale, Perryman et al.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

Well that statement by Tagg about being the richest club in the country seems even more absurd.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Put simply, the Club spends more than it earns and a lot of that spending is on people and projects that do not offer value for money.
This, coupled with the fact that the majority shareholder the Trust has not been properly overseeing club finances.

kezziebeat

I don't think we'll have a ManUtd cup tie to save us this time round tho.

denzil

I don't think we'll have a ManUtd cup tie to save us this time round tho.
..........or much Goodwill either !!