• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimsby Town v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Red Bill

For a while now I've felt that McAlinden is the missing link to feed Rueben and/or Ollie. Pace, vision and passing ability.
Can't argue with that Pete. What a luxury to have the choice though, two very different players and what a challenge for defences to have to adapt if one were replaced by the other mid match!

Mark Wakeley

Great away day JMT MOM for me he reads the game so well. I am surprised no other clubs have showed an interest? bollocked PYM for not getting out quicker on one occasion a real leader.
GTFC the friendliest set of fans I have seen in many a long year.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
always good to hear what the opposition say. fascinating post match interview with the Grimsby manager...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04phhgl

Listen from about 2.50 when he comments on City's performance (technical ability,athleticism to cover the ground) and ultimately raves about Ollie's goal 'a moment of brilliance...guess how many clubs have been in for him, guess how many bids they've had?'

Some (perhaps undue) unhappiness about the interview on the Grimsby forum.One quote

'...erm...we were playing Exeter City, not Barcelona...'

Early Bath

Great away day JMT MOM for me he reads the game so well. I am surprised no other clubs have showed an interest? bollocked PYM for not getting out quicker on one occasion a real leader.
I see that JMT & Harley are in the Times team of the week.(y)

Mark Wakeley

les.gtfc

Good to hear that. Met up with Rawz, Oldsmobile, City Casual and a couple of other Exeter fans in Wetherspoons before the game and there were a good few more of your fans in there too. We then went onto to sample the Camra recommended pub "The No.2 Refreshment Room" on Cleethorpes railway station before a bracing walk to the the ground along the seafront. Was a good day and I enjoyed everything about it until about 3.30pm.

efc.jpg

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can't argue with that Pete. What a luxury to have the choice though, two very different players and what a challenge for defences to have to adapt if one were replaced by the other mid match!
This is what we have really been missing much of our success in PT's early years came from having the players available to allow him to change his initial striking partnership to another duo.

donkey

Quite an interesting list. The L2 clubs probably scouting ahead of next Saturdays fixtures, Tranmere looking to boost their Conference ppomotion push, but thirteen either from the Championship, or with hopes or fears of being there next season, and maybe you could add Burnley to that list ?

But what were Man Utd there for ? Unless they were hoping Ethan would be playing of course ? :)

So an awful lot of teams on the lookout for Championship level players, and seventeen days left in the transfer window !
Bit of a late reply, but the Grimsby keeper is on loan from Man Utd so probably explains that one..