• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Grimes/Storey/Stockley watch

pnedave

There is a thread on the PNE forum debating whether it should have gone to Stockley or Storey....some fabulous quotes about Storey some saying he is their best player and too good for the Championship already...
PNE fan in peace - went to the Swansea game today. Both Storey and Stockley were excellent - especially Stockley given it was his first game for the team. MOM in my opinion - great hold up and link play.

All the best

100milesaway

Youve got a couple of great players there!

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stockley and Storey both have quality in abundance. I don't know about the other city fans but for me their class was obvious. Both looked too good for L2, hopefully they do the business in the championship as well.

Last edited:

100milesaway

Storey just looked an absolute natural
Glad he went to a team where he gets to play

chunkymorrinmunter

Youve got a couple of great players there!
Yes two bargains,we certainly undersold them especially when unknown players command millions of pounds in the premiership..

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Stockley got a whole loada praise from PNE fans yesterday. 1.5m total for 2 Championship level players who still are young and have potential is a steal.

Banksy

Stockley got a whole loada praise from PNE fans yesterday. 1.5m total for 2 Championship level players who still are young and have potential is a steal.
It is indeed.Hope to goodness we can put some of Stockley’s money back into the team before the end of the transfer window.We obviously need to do something to maintain our promotion hopes.And I don’t mean the tuppence spent on Bowman.

Last edited:

IndoMike

It is indeed.Hope to goodness we can put some of Stockley’s money back into the team before the end of the transfer window.We obviously need to do something to maintain our promotion hopes.And I don’t mean the tuppence spent on Bowman.
Lets hope so, but City usually maintain a prudent approach. Think we'll be lucky to pick up anyone significant in January and definitely not a regular goalscorer. It's a question of whether we can get Boateng fit, keep the others fit and hang on in there for at least a play-off place. If we play with Forte as lone striker can't see us scoring many goals, but if we play with Bowman and Forte it obviously takes away any idea of a defensive midfielder, but i hope e do the latter and fukc it.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we play with Forte as lone striker can't see us scoring many goals, but if we play with Bowman and Forte it obviously takes away any idea of a defensive midfielder, but i hope e do the latter and fukc it.
We can still play Collins as a holding midfielder if we play 4 - 4 - 2 with Bowman and Forte up front, we should have done this against Morecambe yesterday, some games may require us to play one up front, yesterday wasn't one of them.

We are currently playing 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 with Lee Martin behind Forte so it's not a massive change to go 4 - 4 - 2.

IndoMike

We can still play Collins as a holding midfielder if we play 4 - 4 - 2 with Bowman and Forte up front, we should have done this against Morecambe yesterday, some games may require us to play one up front, yesterday wasn't one of them.

We are currently playing 4 - 4 - 1 - 1 with Lee Martin behind Forte so it's not a massive change to go 4 - 4 - 2.
Martin theoretically and historically is not a regular goalscorer, but Forte alone up front will not produce goals. We need Bowman upfront and hope that he can do the business (make space, set up chances) with a goalscorer alongside him (we don't have a regular scorer in the team any more so Forte has to step up or we try to get one).
Collins is wasted if he plays as defensive midfielder : why waste his forward thrust and ability to shoot by playing him as defensive midfield?