• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

"Green Army"

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suppose they needed a team that people have heard of
I suspect Aviva were being a little subtle, if the thickest folk in the land can see the supposed goodness of their product, others might follow.

IJN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Joking apart, I've always assumed that they picked us, as we have the longest trip possible, between Plymouth and Newcastle.

I'm sure the fact that Sir Roy Garner is a Non Exec Director has little to do with it. ;)

Oh, how I wish we had a trust.

<giggle>

On_The_Beach

Also Paul Whitehouse does a mean Plimuff accent. That must've been taken into consideration.

argyle-ive

he was too embarrassed to do the innum and dinnum accent of our Exonian chums...

innum? <<titter>>

whiptonace

I mperial
J apanese
N umpty.

IJN

He's on his medication again.

:-O

Come on Steve, stay with the plot.

elginCity

I'm sure the fact that Sir Roy Garner is a Non Exec Director
Been an admirer of Sir Roy 'Diehard Red' Gardner ever since the day he, as bold as brass, told Natalie on the tele of the potential to 'exploit' Plymouth Argoyle FC. <snort>

He seemed to have a bit of an Aussie twang too, just like Keith Todd. Strange that.