• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Get in the Grandstand for the 1931 Fund

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dear fellow Champions of Devon

Just a quick 'heads up' as we 90s City-slickers say to let you know that, for City's last two home games of the season, there'll be a little schemey thing to encourage fans to pack the Old Grandstand before it is, hopefully, demolished.

The scheme will, by various means - one of which will be begging a little extra generousity on your part - raise money for the 1931 Fund.

Our Fund needs these extra £££s to add to our members' £15,000 for this season - thus £30k to pay our pledge that allowed City to sign Joel Grant - and to let us meet our promise to reach the £100,000 target since the fund was launched.

Please keep an eye out for City's offer and if you can help us by getting a few mates along, on the grounds that it could be the last chance to sit in one of the League's oldest stands, you know how grateful we'd all be.

We do need this to work to set us up for another year of 1931 Fund investment in ECFC, so please get involved and get in the Grandstand if you can.

Big thanks

Al

Terryhall

Hi Al,

Sorry to say that I won't be around at all now for the remaining fixtures this season, but hope there's a massive turnout for this.

ChrisWickens

I have decided to go in the Old Grandstand tomorrow for one last time - cannot make it for the other home games.
It will be my farewell to the "Old Lady" and look forward to her replacement! Hoping for a positive result as well!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I read that the campaign is to ask people to pay £31 to sit in the old grandstand and the extra money goes into the 1931 fund, this is available for Northampton,Mansfield and Morecambe as I understand it. Guess you have to prebook so they can keep track of how much extra money to pass over to the fund.

I was planning to go last game if the go ahead is given to build the new stand at the end of the season. However if we are still in with a play off shout will probably stick to the bank as better atmosphere with the red legion.