• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

George Ray to Orient

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Unless I've missed something, where does it say he is going to Orient?
Or is he off back to Crewe or maybe Tranmere.

sign of the chimes

Or is he off back to Crewe or maybe Tranmere.
I wondered if he might go back to Crewe now Artell has left. Presumably he's still got roots up that way so plenty of clubs if he wants to head back to that part of the world.

I recall seeing the footage of Ray heading the hoardings at Tranmere and despite my love of 'the beautiful game' - ultimately it's trumped by watching sort of centre-half who is willing to 'nut' advertising boards...

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
its easy for some people to get misled by the thread title 'George Ray to Orient' when they read posts about him leaving ECFC.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
This might have been a better thread to have retrieved :)

dontpassback

Maybe my error,perhaps he Will rock up somewhere else

Cygnus

I see that George has now tweeted his farewell to the club, so it shouldn't be long now until his new club is announced, which I imagine will be a club back up North. That I imagine will suit him much better, being close to his home and family.

I feel he has been unlucky really, getting Covid at the wrong time and losing his place and I'm sure he will do a good job for a League Two side.

Now hopefully with his salary available, it will help us to strengthen the team at left back, which is a position that definitely needs it, more than central defence, which we have plenty of depth in.