• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

George Friend-Available Again?

samwise

He might still make it to the Park this season...playing for Southend.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1800658,00.html

citytrue

Would love to have George back at SJP! Natural left back with talent. Will never progress under Mick Macarthy who in my opinion is not a good enough manager anyway!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Gave a pen away i see...

real full from grace for the lad really....hope he full fills his potential.

Bittners a Legend

The pen was a very soft decision by the ref and he also had a goal disallowed for unknown reasons...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
fall from grace ... FFS .. what a load of bollox ..

He scored a perfectly good goal which was disallowed by the ref and then they both fell in a tangle ..

He is still learning his trade and will learn more from setbacks such as the millwall loan than he would have playing in wolves reserves ...

Judging from the fact that the mighty sunderland scored 5 against Wolves today may suggest that Big Mick may not be playing all that good a defence in the prem either atm ..

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well he was awful at Millwall, hopefully for his sake that was a one off but he was very poor again for Southend on his home debut... He hasn't got unlimited chances, he;s going to have to start playing well soon.

cityno1ledgend

i would have friend in at left back instead of seabourne as friend and noone would link up perfectly .

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No doubt at all he would walk into citys current side.

heathy1

He's turning into a bit of a journeyman already, this will probably carry on until his contract runs out or someone makes a cash offer for him, unless Wolves get relegated he'll never play for them again I reckon

Mackster

When Wolves signed him I don't think they expected to be in the Premiership, so I expect he will figure a great deal in their Championship side next year having gained some experience playing in the Football League. The question is, will Jamie Mackie be prepared to play 3rd Division football?