• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
If McCann does arrive, or any other CM for that matter, I can't see us keeping either Taylor or Kite.
Both will be released at the end of the season so do you mean let go tomorrow

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s got 7 yellows this season.

Seems to be playing regularly so seems odd that they’d loan him out.
Lots of yellows don't necessarily show a tough tackler, more a lack of discipline.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If McCann does arrive, or any other CM for that matter, I can't see us keeping either Taylor or Kite.
I hope Kite stays beyond the end of the season. He's not having his best moment right now but I think there's a good player there. Taylor on the other hand isn't good enough and I'd like to see him leave.

Memphis09

I hope Kite stays beyond the end of the season. He's not having his best moment right now but I think there's a good player there. Taylor on the other hand isn't good enough and I'd like to see him leave.
Agree about both players
The problem though we all know when Kite is a run of games he looks good but he is injury prone and then goes backwards

Corey

Feel like I’m the only one that doesn’t feel like we need another number 9…

As it stands we usually play with a 9 and two 10s behind him as a front three… for that front three we have:

Mo Eisa
Sonny Cox
Admiral Muskwe
Millenic Alli
Yanic Wildschut
Jack Aitchison
Luke Harris
Dion Rankine
Kyle Taylor
Caleb Watts…?

Throw into that Caldwell’s comments about playing Alli as a striker and I think we should have more than enough to cover those positions, even with injury.

I would also be worried about signing a striker and blocking Sonny Cox’s pathway. He’s looked so good since he’s come back from his loan and it would be a shame for him to not be able to develop further. Not to mention we want him to feel he has the space to develop to encourage him to sign a new deal in the summer.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster

As it stands we usually play with a 9 and two 10s behind him as a front three… for that front three we have:

Mo Eisa
Sonny Cox
Admiral Muskwe
Millenic Alli
Yanic Wildschut
Jack Aitchison
Luke Harris
Dion Rankine
Kyle Taylor
Caleb Watts…?

Throw into that Caldwell’s comments about playing Alli as a striker and I think we should have more than enough to cover those positions, even with injury.

I would also be worried about signing a striker and blocking Sonny Cox’s pathway. He’s looked so good since he’s come back from his loan and it would be a shame for him to not be able to develop further. Not to mention we want him to feel he has the space to develop to encourage him to sign a new deal in the summer.
From your list only Eisa and Cox are out and out strikers, or a no 9 as people like to call them, so we definitely need one more. Kyle Taylor upfront? I don't think so.

Also, I've read a fair bit about another striker coming in could block Cox development. I don't see it like this. The more quality players he trains and plays with the better and its up to Sonny to prove his worth and earn his place in the team. He's done well recently and certainly looks much better than prior to his loan move but we shouldn't not sign other players in case they keep him out the team for a while.

JGrecian23

Mo Eisa
Sonny Cox
Admiral Muskwe
Millenic Alli
Yanic Wildschut
Jack Aitchison
Luke Harris
Dion Rankine
Kyle Taylor
Caleb Watts…?

I would say you have completely highlighted the fact we DO need another striker.

If you are including Watts, Rankine and Taylor in the list then it's scraping the barrel.

Yannick can't score in a brothel, but has other qualities. Cox is still a baby, but has done brilliantly but how long before he burns out?

Harris hasnt done it for me. Not saying he won't, but think all the hype from the summer could be clouding some people.

I also don't want to see Admiral anywhere near the squad again.

It isn't as desperate as it was a week ago, but we are still short IMO.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would say you have completely highlighted the fact we DO need another striker.

If you are including Watts, Rankine and Taylor in the list then it's scraping the barrel.

Yannick can't score in a brothel, but has other qualities. Cox is still a baby, but has done brilliantly but how long before he burns out?

Harris hasnt done it for me. Not saying he won't, but think all the hype from the summer could be clouding some people.

I also don't want to see Admiral anywhere near the squad again.

It isn't as desperate as it was a week ago, but we are still short IMO.
I would ideally like to see another striker in the door today, even if its a young loanee from higher up the system to give us proper strength and depth.

I see according to the BBC we have paid a loan fee for Eisa and a fee for Alli. I wonder if Caldwell must have the most signings costing a fee in the clubs history? Seems a lot of our signings now we have paid some form of fee for

tom_ecfc

Here we go…it’s panic day! (not so much for us now though).

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here we go…it’s panic day! (not so much for us now though).
Yep, should be interesting!

Hope we can sign at least one more, but two would be lovely.