• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Remember the days when the Maestro said players are allegedly asking to come and play for us.
He didn't say which players tbf

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
They have also spent close to, if not more than a million in transfer fees this January. Something we will never be able to do. The financial disparity in League One amongst clubs is probably as big as it has ever been. Shows just how well we are doing to be around mid table with such a young squad.

Hopefully we can come out of January fairly positivity and if we can hold on to everyone else in the squad and add a bit more quality we will have done ok.
I hope so too but we left the last / went into this window knowing we had an understrength squad and have "lost" 3 players (Smith / Jay / Dieng).
Our squad is thinner and if affected by injuries / suspensions etc so urgently needs reinforcing.

Colesman Ballz

I hope so too but we left the last / went into this window knowing we had an understrength squad and have "lost" 3 players (Smith / Jay / Dieng).
Our squad is thinner and if affected by injuries / suspensions etc so urgently needs reinforcing.
Will we even be able to field a full bench against the Vegans ? :unsure:

Banksy

That’s why any finishing position down to twentieth will be a triumph. And I think next season will be similar challenge too as the current squad starts to move on.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We haven't lost 3 players, Smith went back in October, so could hardly be counted as being lost as we were managing without him, Jay and Dieng we sold, not lost. We have bought in White, and recalled Coley (albeit temporarily injured for 2 weeks), so technically we are down one player from where we were on Dec 31st be it only temporary hopefully, also (fingers crossed) you have omitted the inclusion on the bench of one Sam Stubbs who hopefully will get some minutes shortly.
We entered the window as supporters hoping for a couple of defensive players, and midfielder and a striker as far as I can see we haven't moved away from that, whether that is how GC sees it we don't know but time will tell let's not panic GC says that he and his recruitment team are working as hard as they can to bring in the right players to the club so let's see what evolves without the hyperbole

Simba3011

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/transfer-news/exeter-city-money-spend-january-8024130

Perhaps the Pollock rumour has legs after all...

"Caldwell did confirm that one player had been shown around the club this past week, but he stopped short of saying who that was."

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to hear we can spend money this window. Tricky to find the right player but it’s nice to know we can offer decent money.

Wonder if Pollock was the player who was shown around. Hopefully we’ll have some news relatively soon but might not be till next week by the sound of it.

STURTZ

He didn't say which players tbf
Clinton Morrison, Marcus Stewart, Robbie Simpson, Danny Butterfield, Graham Cummins, Guillam Bauza, John O Flynne etc etc

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good to hear we can spend money this window. Tricky to find the right player but it’s nice to know we can offer decent money.

Wonder if Pollock was the player who was shown around. Hopefully we’ll have some news relatively soon but might not be till next week by the sound of it.
Where's Agent Andy ?

Colesman Ballz

Clinton Morrison, Marcus Stewart, Robbie Simpson, Danny Butterfield, Graham Cummins, Guillam Bauza, John O Flynne etc etc
You are Cowshed Grecian and I claim my five quid ! :)