• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
With Sweenz out for two or three weeks (or possibly longer) hopefully we can get a CB early in the window
I'm not sure Sweenz injury makes much difference to transfer window plans. Can't get anybody in by the game on 1 Jan. The next game after that is a fortnight later, by which time Sweenz should be back (or definitely back by the game after. Having said that defensive reinforcements are essential (though if Stubbs is fit...).

Meanwhile the speculation about Jevani to Rotherham in January has been rightly put into context by the (fairly obvious) point that Rotherham won't be paying a fee. And I think the position is that (with Jevani's contract up in the summer, in Janiarynobody is going to pay the sort of fee that City would want/need to let him go.

Red Devon

Heard Caldwell talking about the transfer window a few times now he certainly comes across as being very confident in what we aims to do.

Grecianpasty

With Harper being a strong possibility of going back to Ipswich, and Smith having left to Orient, I fully expect us to bring in 2, if not 3 at the very least.

I can see us bringing In a central attacking midfielder. Other than Jay, there's no one who fits that mould for us, and would certainly give us options with our formation.

MerleyRed

Heard Caldwell talking about the transfer window a few times now he certainly comes across as being very confident in what we aims to do.
I seem to remember MT being confident about his transfer ambitions over a number of windows, unfortunately the harsh reality of translating confidence into signings, bit him on the backside a number of times. Lets hope GC is realistic in his ambitions and has the means to secure the players we need to improve the squad.

Average Joe

What happened to MT having no funds for the remainder of the season. I don’t know how much compems we received for MT however surely it’s not enough to make an impact for multiple players.

Spireitein peace

Be afraid mate, be very afraid.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be afraid mate, be very afraid.
Out of interest, who did he sign for Chesterfield?!

Rosencrantz

What happened to MT having no funds for the remainder of the season. I don’t know how much compems we received for MT however surely it’s not enough to make an impact for multiple players.
Pond transfer fee, Smith returning to Orient, Harper likely to return to Ipswich...

Spireitein peace

Out of interest, who did he sign for Chesterfield?!
Lots of loanee kids from higher league clubs who had neither the stomach or the ability for the relegation fight. I don’t think anyone can remember them, either that or we’ve collectively shut down that area of our minds for fear of regression.
I cannot describe in words how poor a manager he was of our club!

AndyR

Lots of loanee kids from higher league clubs who had neither the stomach or the ability for the relegation fight. I don’t think anyone can remember them, either that or we’ve collectively shut down that area of our minds for fear of regression.
I cannot describe in words how poor a manager he was of our club!
Well we have a Head of Recruitment here (Marcus Flitcroft) and I can't see a combination of him, Julian Tagg and GC recruiting a load of duds.

There have been mistakes in the past and I'm sure there will be in the future as we are usually searching in the bargain basement but there have also been some real gems. That's life with our Club.