• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Game off

Status
Not open for further replies.

dommers

Re: So was the postponement done on the say so of Danny Wilson?

Don't you just love a conspiracy theory and a bit more ridiculous speculation.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think it is a bit too obvious that rain affect the pitch even for thickos like you. I may be wrong but I don't think a pitch inspection was planned until the ref turned up. It's a bid hard to announce that.

Isn't it also obvious that there was a chance of it be called of due to rain. I've been in Bristol most of the day and with rain falling there and given the amount we've had over the last few days did wonder whether there was a chance of it being called off.

Likewise it wouldn't be that hard for fans to use a bit of common sense and to accept that occassionally things don't go accordingly to plan, although it is far too easy for people to moan these days.
I have been out and about yesterday and sat in today and saw a bit of rain but at no point did I think there was anywhere near enough to put the game in doubt. I take responsibility for that as it my judgement but people at the club with a view of the pitch who know these things should have noticed the pitch getting worse and either contacted the ref to exain conditions or release a statement saying 'pitch inspection expected' or similar.

Check out highlights of tonigjts games and see some of the pitches there. Birmingham's and Watford's look much worse than ours did.

GrecianWonder

Jay I agree the fans saved the club but the club really dnt give a sh*t about us. Both argyle games they refused me tickets altho I am established with the club they didnt sell out on either, didn't realise the club was that wealthy that they can pick and choose fans
they dont let banned fans in you know...

dommers

but people at the club with a view of the pitch who know these things should have noticed the pitch getting worse and either contacted the ref to exain conditions or release a statement saying 'pitch inspection expected' or similar.
If other games took place in worse conditions then perhaps the people at the club were right and the ref wrong, although you wouldn't be able to blame the club as much then!

crocks

The pictures on the official site didnt look too bad. When I were a lad.........pitches were mud pits and they still played.

iscalad

The pictures on the official site didnt look too bad. When I were a lad.........pitches were mud pits and they still played.
You had mud..lucky gits. We played on water..but we were gods!

geoffwp

Check out highlights of tonigjts games and see some of the pitches there. Birmingham's and Watford's look much worse than ours did.
There certainly seems to be no basic standard between these decisions does there. It's almost as if it's down to whether the ref fancies getting a bit muddy or not. FFS. poor decision.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Re: So was the postponement done on the say so of Danny Wilson?

... anyone confirm whether any significant rant fell tonight...
Indeed, richard. Quite a few rants fell tonight - though mostly on exeweb ... ;)

Poultice

Or alternatively we solved one problem another has emerged.
Why am I engaging with this dummy ?

There used to be a big f*ck off puddle, there was a spunk load of cash bitched for then spent, then there was a big f*ck off puddle in the same spot, to anyone with access to their left parietal lobe that is the same f*cking problem.

dommers

Why am I engaging with this dummy ?
You tell me?

Status
Not open for further replies.