• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Question is, would you have Jev back next season?
I think this would be a gamble, but on the balance of things, one worth taking. He won't have suitors of the same stature that were apparently after him during his pomp with us and our hand would be strengthened by his lack of game time/impact this season. What we'd also have on our side is the fact Jevani would recognise that we are the club that enabled him to (arguably) play the best, most settled football of his career. Given his age, he may see another two years in red and white as his final chance of getting back to his best and still earning a decent deal elsewhere afterwards.

I also think this would suit us as we may be hard pushed to find another Trevitt next season (unless we got Trevitt himself back), meaning Jev could slot into a similar role and link up with Cole in midfield. A midfield in my opinion which would have a lot of potential.

Of course what went on was unacceptable, regardless of any provocation, and he suffered the consequences - I think having his availability for selection being taken away being one that would have hurt him a lot, alongside any potential legal judgements.

I also think from a Caldwell perspective this one would make sense as he'd be bringing back a player who every fan would classify as entertaining to watch.

Don't see it happening in the slightest though, think the Club would be too wary of any negative backlash and I also don't think Rover's will let him go on a free. Think Matt will try and get into him in pre-season and get back the player he had with us.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think this would be a gamble, but on the balance of things, one worth taking. He won't have suitors of the same stature that were apparently after him during his pomp with us and our hand would be strengthened by his lack of game time/impact this season. What we'd also have on our side is the fact Jevani would recognise that we are the club that enabled him to (arguably) play the best, most settled football of his career. Given his age, he may see another two years in red and white as his final chance of getting back to his best and still earning a decent deal elsewhere afterwards.

I also think this would suit us as we may be hard pushed to find another Trevitt next season (unless we got Trevitt himself back), meaning Jev could slot into a similar role and link up with Cole in midfield. A midfield in my opinion which would have a lot of potential.

Of course what went on was unacceptable, regardless of any provocation, and he suffered the consequences - I think having his availability for selection being taken away being one that would have hurt him a lot, alongside any potential legal judgements.

I also think from a Caldwell perspective this one would make sense as he'd be bringing back a player who every fan would classify as entertaining to watch.

Don't see it happening in the slightest though, think the Club would be too wary of any negative backlash and I also don't think Rover's will let him go on a free. Think Matt will try and get into him in pre-season and get back the player he had with us.
We would need to sack Clive Harrison from the Club Board in order for it to happen (not that I would consider that to be great loss). :unsure:

Matt Russell

We would need to sack Clive Harrison from the Club Board in order for it to happen (not that I would consider that to be great loss). :unsure:
Clive Harrison is one member of the Club Board.
He doesn't rule it, he's one of a number of fellow members.
He would of course be able to resign if he felt strongly that the direction taken was not one he could support.

Colesman Ballz

Clive Harrison is one member of the Club Board.
He doesn't rule it, he's one of a number of fellow members.
He would of course be able to resign if he felt strongly that the direction taken was not one he could support.
Perhaps you should tell him that he doesn't rule it ? At the Trust AGM Nick Hawker passed him a microphone to use as a "roving mike" for those speaking from the floor, and he couldn't even manage that basic task, so how he can be expected to be involved in running the Club on our behalf beggars belief ! :unsure:

Matt Russell

Perhaps you should tell him that he doesn't rule it ? At the Trust AGM Nick Hawker passed him a microphone to use as a "roving mike" for those speaking from the floor, and he couldn't even manage that basic task, so how he can be expected to be involved in running the Club on our behalf beggars belief ! :unsure:
What a pathetic response.
I always had you down as someone with something of a brain.

gilbertshoot

Ethan poised for his 50th cap for Wales tonight and, at 23 years old, the youngest Welshman to reach that milestone.

Colesman Ballz

What a pathetic response.
I always had you down as someone with something of a brain.
If you are going to act as this forum's arbiter of intelligence, do tell us what level does it take to hand a microphone around ? :unsure:

Matt Russell

If you are going to act as this forum's arbiter of intelligence, do tell us what level does it take to hand a microphone around ? :unsure:
You rise to new heights..........not.

fred binneys head

I wouldn't have Jevani back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member