• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Bridgy 81

as you say exotic names that seemed light years away from Nobby Stiles :)
I saw an event advertized the other day about Nobby Stiles taking place at Exeter’s Corn Exchange in March.
John Stiles (Nobby’s son), who played for Leeds and Doncaster and is now a comedian apparently, is giving a talk about his Dad’s career and his experience of dementia in later life and it’s impact on their family.
I thought I’d mention it here when you mentioned Nobby in case anyone local to Exeter is interested and fancies going.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
as you say exotic names that seemed light years away from Nobby Stiles :)
Norbert sounded a bit posher than Nobby

tom_ecfc

Tom Nichols unfortunately cup tied for Gillingham vs Leicester City FA Cup 3rd round tie today.

denzel

George Ray just had a mare for Barrow to let Mansfield in.

denzel

Kieran Phillips scores again for Morecambe

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Kieran Phillips scores again for Morecambe
and assisted the first but I still dont think he was a right fit for us last season or this

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
and assisted the first but I still dont think he was a right fit for us last season or this
Yep I'd agree. I don't think we would have signed him last season if Nombe and Zanzala weren't both injured at the time. Having said that he played his part with the goal away at Bradford to get us 3 points and the first goal at home to Barrow after he had missed a sitter.

To me he is a lesser version of Stansfield, but good luck to the lad except for when we play Morecambe at home.

arthur

I'd have rather had him playing than Zanzala

Bridgy 81

Sheffield Wednesday are at home against Newcastle live on the BBC in the FA Cup at 6 o’clock tomorrow.
Ironically now Cameron Dawson is their No1 Stockdale, who he recently replaced, may well play as often is the case with how the bigger teams rotate their keepers between cup and league matches.
It might be worth checking just before kickoff though as it’d be interesting to see Cam play against one of the Premier League’s top teams.
Cam starts for Wednesday against Newcastle.
Kick off at 6 on the BBC.

fred binneys head

Good luck Cam, hope you keep a clean sheet 👍