• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mark Cooper no longer in charge at FGR.
Lloyd James has Tweeted “karma” in response to this news. I assume they had a falling out!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
The vegans and the proper chap,what a combo !
Not forgetting that his captain is already in position there ! :)

Grecian2K

Lloyd James has Tweeted “karma” in response to this news. I assume they had a falling out!
It instantly struck me that this was perhaps a hint that Neil Lennon is a possible candidate?

tonykellowfan

Tisdale probably wishing he had hung on a week.

dontpassback

Not forgetting that his captain is already in position there ! :)
Yep forgot about JMT

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mark Cooper no longer in charge at FGR.
With Tisdale and Molesley also losing their jobs, does that mean that Taylor is our only former player currently managing in the League? Or have I missed some-one? (I'm not counting Jimmy Ball, who is the temporary Forest Green manager, as he only played youth and reserve football for us.)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
and Richard Dryden leaves them too.

The usual rubbish from football owners. Cooper has taken them to their highest placing ever, they are in the play off places, but a run of bad results for a couple of weeks and the manager is fired.
Normally I would agree but not sure it's true in this particular case. Cooper had been in charge for 5 years which doesn't suggest Vince is that trigger-happy. Plus he was very lucky to keep his job after the dire second-half of last season. And with the budget he was given and the quality of players they have signed they really should be pushing for the top three. Finally there were pretty persistent rumours about his abrasive personality and questions about whether he was able to get the best out of his players.

Colesman Ballz

Normally I would agree but not sure it's true in this particular case. Cooper had been in charge for 5 years which doesn't suggest Vince is that trigger-happy. Plus he was very lucky to keep his job after the dire second-half of last season. And with the budget he was given and the quality of players they have signed they really should be pushing for the top three. Finally there were pretty persistent rumours about his abrasive personality and questions about whether he was able to get the best out of his players.
Their fans forum carried a Poll on Cooper in/out recently. However as the forum is not Indpendent, but rather run by the Club, Dale and the Board had it taken down. He has publicly called out individual players following defeats and may have "lost the team ". The run of defeats which has seen them fall out of the automatic promotion spots and threaten even play-off qualification has driven Mr Ecotricity to act, and with Cooper out of contract at the end of season it is not either an expensive or messy "divorce".
With our visit due there on Tuesday week I just hope we catch them in a bit of disarray and readjustment and don't suffer a new manager bounce !

Banksy

I don’t suppose it’s helped having Jamille Matt out either.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Their fans forum carried a Poll on Cooper in/out recently. However as the forum is not Indpendent, but rather run by the Club, Dale and the Board had it taken down. He has publicly called out individual players following defeats and may have "lost the team ". The run of defeats which has seen them fall out of the automatic promotion spots and threaten even play-off qualification has driven Mr Ecotricity to act, and with Cooper out of contract at the end of season it is not either an expensive or messy "divorce".
With our visit due there on Tuesday week I just hope we catch them in a bit of disarray and readjustment and don't suffer a new manager bounce !
Think that's a pretty fair summary. The only thing that doesn't make much sense is replacing him with a completely inexperienced youth team coach while they still have a chance of the play-offs.