• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Forest Green Rovers Away - September 9th

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just me, and half a million others, but no matter.
Wow, a WHOLE half a million others? Well that's that then. I wonder what the score was for the previous 4.5Bn years that the climate's been changing for.

Avening Posse

I think you should respect Mr Moxey's view chaps, a man of principle. Reminds me of the time I won £2m and a threesome with Claudia Schiffer and Naomi Campbell, I didn't pick up my prizes when I was told they would only serve PG Tips when I got there instead of my usual brew :)

fred binneys head

With you AP, wouldn't want to have their myopic tea opinion forced on me.

#Teammoxey

scholsey

I'm after a child's ticket for Saturday, he's 4 so technically free but will pay child/adult if needed. Managed to source one for myself already.

StroudGrecian

Wow, a WHOLE half a million others? Well that's that then. I wonder what the score was for the previous 4.5Bn years that the climate's been changing for.
Well your God-like perspective has really got me stumped there, Ant. No wonder you're so relaxed about things like Brexit and immigration, when tectonic activity will bring us all back to one enormous super-continent soon enough.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Well your God-like perspective has really got me stumped there, Ant. No wonder you're so relaxed about things like Brexit and immigration, when tectonic activity will bring us all back to one enormous super-continent soon enough.
Don't think any of us lot will be around to see that happen.

paperclip

So, back on topic, any tips on car parking there? I remember parking in a housing estate at the top of the hill on a previous visit, wondering if that option is still available? No mention of the shuttle bus from the bottom of the hill on the website either!

StroudGrecian

If you arrive early enough you can usually find a place along Nortonwood, on the other side of the roundabout from the football ground. The later you arrive, the further you'll have to walk (uphill).

I haven't heard anything about a shuttle bus, which they laid on for us when we first met them in the Conference.

There's always some sort of Climate Tax they try and foist on us, just an excuse for governments and private companies to make more money iut of us common folk..........thing is the internet has given us a knowledge that was only available to the select few up until a few years ago.....now they can't fool us so easily.

I distinctly remember an "interested party 'expert' " sitting on the red sofa of BBC Breakfast avidly explaining how many tons of emissions a Jumbo Jet would create crossing the Atlantic to NY and how much airlines would need to add on to fares to cover this new tax when the guy sitting next to him sneeringly rebuked him explaining that the stated weight of these so called emissions was more than what the plane held in all it's fuel tanks in the first place !

The expert reddened up and couldn't answer it.

Antony Moxey

What are you on about: Brexit and immigration? I'm relaxed about a lot of things, I don't recall mentioning either of those subjects recently.