• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football's Darkest Day?

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember watching it as part of a health and safety video whilst I was working for Great Western (before First got hold of them). It was awful. Everybody in the room was visably shaken.
It really is terrible. Like AU I have put it up on here in the past but with a health warning. It genuinely is one of the most shocking and saddening videos there is - the speed with which the stand goes up is terrifying.

RIP the 56.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
and yet iirc fag ends were found in the OG on sunday morning ....

Why anyone would think it sensible to smoke in a wooden grandstand in 2010 is beyond me ...
Saw someone get thrown out of the og on saturday for smoking. Then the idiot had the nerve to complain about it!

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Saw someone get thrown out of the og on saturday for smoking. Then the idiot had the nerve to complain about it!
Depends where you're sat though. The front half a dozen steps of the OG are concrete, not wood, and the only flammable thing is the seats themselves.

Whilst I agree with the ban, let's not get too carried away with the moral outrage because that ban is flouted - the front of the OG is perfectly safe to have a fag in, the back less so.