• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Football League Show Oct. 23rd.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because it's the Keepers job.

Antony Moxey

Says who? Surely if the defence starts to push out, the defender who instigates that push makes sure everyone goes with him.

LammieLammieLammie

As I said, perhaps some players heard a shout and others didn't.

PeteUSA

I'm out of this, Grahams obviously in a foul mood, cos I suspect he thinks Jonah could have done better with their goal. This "Guru"s got better things to do!

LammieLammieLammie

I'm not in a foul mood mate, I'm just trying to have a debate with you! :D

Do you think it's the keepers job to push the line out?

Last edited:

citizen33

Your argument reminds me of 'chaos theory', Graham. A flutter of a butterfly's wings at one point has big consequences further down the line, and all that. No doubt almost everything that any player does in a game does at some level affect the totality of what happened. But when it comes to talking about blame for a goal, I like to concentrate on what a guy does just before the ball goes in the net. Surely one or two others are in the frame ahead of Jones in this case. Did I rise to the bait?

LammieLammieLammie

Your argument reminds me of 'chaos theory', Graham. A flutter of a butterfly's wings at one point has big consequences further down the line, and all that. No doubt almost everything that any player does in a game does at some level affect the totality of what happened. But when it comes to talking about blame for a goal, I like to concentrate on what a guy does just before the ball goes in the net. Surely one or two others are in the frame ahead of Jones in this case. Did I rise to the bait?
No bait at all mate, and I take your point totally. My point was that the highlights didn't show the bit immediately before the ball was played back in. I think on this occasion Jonesy could have been more commanding in getting everyone out so that the scorer WOULD have been offside.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Usually love the show but just watched it ....WHAT a total misconception of how the game actually was both by the absolute p*ss poor visual coverage and comments on ANYTHING Exeter did. Disappointed....but I was there and know the truth! Thought PJ played well and in first half, being close to City fans, shouted and commanded a bit better than usual. No chance of commenting on his second half shouting and their goal...we were just too far away!

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Communication , one of Jonesys faults.

Nobody is perfect mind.

Number13

Back to the actual important point:

Yes Lizzies knockers were showing out more than usual. Makes up for the awful hairdo. Why when Sky have an overload of glamourpusses cant BBC grab at least one.

Actually, could we have a Lizzie yay or nay?