• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe in trouble?

Early Bath

Looks like Flybe is in a spot of bother See here

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If they aren't going to be our sponsor this year I would have expected to have heard by now, or it is a sign that the club is struggling to get a replacement. We have been told that the kits aren't changing which would point towards it still being flybe.

I thought that the old deal ran out last season so an announcement should have been made but no surprise there that it hasn't.

Last edited:

AlanDevlin

It's been known for a while that they aren't doing well... so hopefully our commercial team have their eyes and ears open for other potential sponsors.... hopefully....

Grecian68

If they aren't going to be our sponsor this year I would have expected to have heard by now, or it is a sign that the club is struggling to get a replacement. We have been told that the kits aren't changing which would point towards it still being flybe.

I thought that the old deal ran out last season so an announcement should have been made but no surprise there that it hasn't.
Perhaps the reason the colour of the shirts aren't changing is because the sponsor might be changing, that way the club can get fans to be buy shirts!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Perhaps the reason the colour of the shirts aren't changing is because the sponsor might be changing, that way the club can get fans to be buy shirts!
Not this fan they won't. Bought one last year and not likely to be getting another for a few years, it does help that it was made properly so can be worn after washing.(y)

Willy Nilly

I flew to Spain from Exeter recently and the flight was full. There is some hope.

Potential sponsors? Hmmm...how about the guys that paid for Curo 2 seasons ago? Or Teddy Baker? Or Mama Stones?

Bed Taker

Flybe recently ended sponsorship with Newquay AFC after the 2 year deal ran it's course. Not that it would save them much cash.

FAN-TATIC

I think it is more the case that Flybe are experiencing some short term problems rather than being "in trouble'. A term which I think is alarmist.

They are a well run company and they have demonstrated this by the responsible action that they have taken with their Gatwick landing slots. The financial markets liked this move and their share price rallied as a result.

I went to Spain a week ago from Exeter with them and neither flight outward or inward was full, about 6 to 10 empty seats on each flight. I have no way of knowing if that is usually the case at this time of the year, ie pre school holiday period.

I think that the Flybe logo will still officially be on our shirts for next season though.

Redvee

I flew to Spain from Exeter recently and the flight was full. There is some hope.

Potential sponsors? Hmmm...how about the guys that paid for Curo 2 seasons ago? Or Teddy Baker? Or Mama Stones?
Or maybe Perrymans travel company and Taggys leisure company might bail us out.........(drunk)

Grecian68

I think it is more the case that Flybe are experiencing some short term problems rather than being "in trouble'. A term which I think is alarmist.

They are a well run company and they have demonstrated this by the responsible action that they have taken with their Gatwick landing slots. The financial markets liked this move and their share price rallied as a result.

I went to Spain a week ago from Exeter with them and neither flight outward or inward was full, about 6 to 10 empty seats on each flight. I have no way of knowing if that is usually the case at this time of the year, ie pre school holiday period.

I think that the Flybe logo will still officially be on our shirts for next season though.
Club has announced the colours are staying the same, why not tell us about the sponsor at the same time? Would like us to stick with Flybe as they helped us out when we were in the mire. Also, that way, fans would save some dosh.