• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fixtures for 2021/22

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting that clubs can mutually agree the play the EFL cup game the week before.
A few times in the mid 1970s the 1st Round League Cup games were played on the week preceding the start of the Football League.

“The Round One draw will see teams drawn in Northern and Southern sections, with matches scheduled to take place week commencing 9 August. Clubs are able to mutually agree an alternative date between 31 July and 4 August”
Yes, I thought this was a potentially useful option last year. Spread the games out just a little more in what was to be a packed season. And treat the League Cup as a glorified pre season friendly...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I don't believe we have a friendly the previous Saturday (31 July) so it could be moved to that date.

jimmy

I don't believe we have a friendly the previous Saturday (31 July) so it could be moved to that date.
This would be ideal if all restrictions are lifted and...we have a team to put out!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
At least we won't be impacted by the possibility that Derby could be relegated to League One at this late stage 🙀

Northampton Away o_O

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Start with Bradford City at SJP!

JayPob94

if we can get off to a good start…. Fixtures looking good

Jammers20

Home to Bradford.. Cant wait to be back at SJP!

Red Monster

First two home games against the loathsome pair of Adams
and Barton can’t wait !!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The first game will be away.
Hopefully one of the distant ones,Carlisle,Hartlepool or Barrow.
The EFL seemed to have ignored our request to start away from home. I wonder why.