• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Five to ten L1 & L2 clubs under threat

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
At some point we have to bite the bullet and go back to having crowds
But we don't know when that time will be or when its safe to, The longer we don't know, The more perilous the situation could become for us and many other clubs.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
But we don't know when that time will be or when its safe to, The longer we don't know, The more perilous the situation could become for us and many other clubs.
Well if the government think its safe for my kids to go back to school then I'm happy to stand in SJP for 90 mins on a Sat

DB9

Well if the government think its safe for my kids to go back to school then I'm happy to stand in SJP for 90 mins on a Sat
So am i but we're not the ones making that decision and opening up SJP could be a long way away

andrew p long

It's more than likely that the 5-10 clubs will increase.What are the chances that Exeter City Football Club will become one of them?
that is a question that is beginning to worry me. The club have done fantastically well to have money set aside, which would have been enough for us to run at a 500k+ deficit for each of the next two seasons - ie reserves of over a million quid.

thats great, but as Taggy has pointed out,when the money is gone, it is gone and we can’t turn to the rich owner and say ‘bail us out of this crisis by signing a cheque‘ . The furlough scheme is great but doesn’t include either the 20% of player wages up to £2,500 per month, nor the 100% of wages above £2, 500 that the club are paying - which will be big sums , especially for the senior squad members.

The EFL protocol shows in its 45 pages of training requirements that Leagues One and Two are a million miles from resuming games in front of crowds. Anybody able to assess when, if we don’t get any more gate income, that the money will runout?

Red Devon

I think for the first time in years,ECFC are in a better position than a lot of other sides like Northampton,Macclesfield etc,and I think it’s because we were so near to going bust after the R +L era that it concentrated our minds to be prudent.i know we had money issues just before we sold matt grimes so we are not infallible,but I think we haven’t ploughed money that we haven’t got into s##t or bust promotion !UTC
Pretty much the positive message Taggy put across in his recent interview 👍

Red Devon

25% of stadium capacity by early October with social distancing measures is the latest word...hopefully that will coincide with the start of 20/21.

DB9

25% of stadium capacity by early October with social distancing measures is the latest word...hopefully that will coincide with the start of 20/21.
Would that make a capacity of 2100-2200 fans for us at SJP

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would that make a capacity of 2100-2200 fans for us at SJP
Roughly yes. Glad I bought my ST now as surely ST holders would be priority in a reduced capacity stadium

DB9

Roughly yes. Glad I bought my ST now as surely ST holders would be priority in a reduced capacity stadium
I could see a real run on ST applications if that 25% capacity was going to be enforced. Exeweb will be in meltdown!!!

Oldsmobile-88

That would be heck of a hit on match day income if that was the case.
Not sure of the exact crowd average was when the season was curtailed,but it was well over 4,000.