• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

First game 2019/20 prediction thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nice to see the opening day live game is Salford at home to Stevenage..

Something seems very planned there..
Outside of Salford and the media does anyone else care about Salford? The media love-in will be painful to watch this season.

ECFC89

We do seem to get particularly lucky with opening day fixtures and boxing day in recent years.

Argyle does not clash for me, so all good there.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Outside of Salford and the media does anyone else care about Salford? The media love-in will be painful to watch this season.
It will be a ridiculous amount of coverage no doubt..Has a team promoted from the Conf/NL been shown live for its first game in the FL before ?

Temporarily Exiled

It will be a ridiculous amount of coverage no doubt..Has a team promoted from the Conf/NL been shown live for its first game in the FL before ?
Maybe Luton, but I can't think of anyone else.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It doesn't bother me. I can see why the media would have an interest in Salford's rise. Why so much hatred towards them. Is it the Man Utd connection?

Temporarily Exiled

It doesn't bother me. I can see why the media would have an interest in Salford's rise. Why so much hatred towards them. Is it the Man Utd connection?
It's the synthetic nature of the club, the feelings they invoke are similar to MK Dons or RB Leipzig in Germany. Ireally don't give a rat's arse about the 'class of 92', yet even in the fourth division where the media barely covers anything at all, it's impossible to escape that narrative from being shoved down our throats. They're financial dopers, to boot - look at the money some of their players are on. That's awful for the game at our level, and should be a points deduction offence, not something to be celebrated.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's the synthetic nature of the club, the feelings they invoke are similar to MK Dons or RB Leipzig in Germany. Ireally don't give a rat's arse about the 'class of 92', yet even in the fourth division where the media barely covers anything at all, it's impossible to escape that narrative from being shoved down our throats. They're financial dopers, to boot - look at the money some of their players are on. That's awful for the game at our level, and should be a points deduction offence, not something to be celebrated.
A points deduction offence? Really? They still need to comply with FFP rules. Just because they have a wealthy backer who pays more than the going rate for this level you think they should be deducted points!

Temporarily Exiled

A points deduction offence? Really? They still need to comply with FFP rules. Just because they have a wealthy backer who pays more than the going rate for this level you think they should be deducted points!
They're bankrolled, it's not sustainable. They lost £32,000 per week last season.

https://www.devonlive.com/sport/salford-manchester-united-david-beckham-2860916

Allowing clubs to be run like that makes it unsustainable to run clubs sustainably.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's the synthetic nature of the club, the feelings they invoke are similar to MK Dons or RB Leipzig in Germany
Or possibly also Doc Marten FC...aka Rubbish & Dustbins.

Wonder whatever happened to them??

les.gtfc

We've got Salford at home on New Year's Day.

I can smell that TV money already. :D