• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR (Vegans) Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
About time we had a streetwise team with some strong characters,remember Clive whitehead etc,we have been too nice for quite a while and the team is a reflection of our manager,he wants to win !
Clive Whitehead..Clever player,with just the hint of cruelty about him.

Getting a lot more streetwise on the pitch & about time too.

IndoMike

About time we had a streetwise team with some strong characters,remember Clive whitehead etc,we have been too nice for quite a while and the team is a reflection of our manager,he wants to win !
Agree, although we need to be careful about the red cards. If I'm not mistaken Taylor, Parkes and now Atangana have all missed 3 matches for direct reds. Collateral damage, I guess.
Anyway, yes, it's good that we don't get bullied any more.

StroudGrecian

Agree, although we need to be careful about the red cards. If I'm not mistaken Taylor, Parkes and now Atangana have all missed 3 matches for direct reds. Collateral damage, I guess.
You are mistaken - Tom Parkes's red was rescinded.

geoffwp

Clive Whitehead..Clever player,with just the hint of cruelty about him.

Getting a lot more streetwise on the pitch & about time too.
Hmmm. A bit more than a hint I'd say Olds. I often wondered what we would have called him had he been playing for the oppo.

geoffwp

I was a fan of Paul Tisdale but there is no doubt that this is one of the key qualities added by Matt Taylor. He is shaping up to be one of our best managers in history. There's nothing not to love.
Dont jinx it! Be patient and we will see.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The red against Bradford was rescinded but he was retrospectively suspended for 3 matches for elbowing a Stevenage player.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor and Atangana were both for mis-timed tackles without much in the way of malicious intent. The Parkes elbow at Stevenage was different but he seems to have learnt the lesson and rarely been booked since. Sparkes was also banned for one game but, again, the second yellow was for a tackle more clumsy than violent.

More generally I like the fact that we have found a way to stand up for ourselves on the pitch but still try to play the game right away. It’s not like we’ve suddenly turned into Wycombe or Lincoln of years gone by or the Orient of this season who were the worst for gamesmanship that I’ve seen recently.

Also impressive is the fact that we’ve stood up to the physical challenge of teams like Newport and Northampton but also been able to disrupt the passing game of teams like Swindon and Crewe.

IndoMike

Oh yes you're right. Quite right, too.

IndoMike

Oh yes, you're right. Forgot that.

IndoMike

Hmmm. A bit more than a hint I'd say Olds. I often wondered what we would have called him had he been playing for the oppo.
Whitehead was the most innocent cruncher I have known. A bit of a Parker type?