• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR v Exeter Matchday Thread

Exehausted

According to FGR commentary Pompey's Cowley was in stand watching - ? MJ
I would guess as others have said that it's because we play them on Friday. From what Sign of the Chimes said recently, they have to get rid of players before they can sign anyone. Our top 2 prospects playing tonight, Jay and Key, would cost anyone north of 1 million, way out of Pompey's price range I would imagine.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Disagree. Not at his best certainly, but played a full part in our build-ups.
OK, "anonymous" is probably too strong but he didn't grab the game by the scruff and in recent games he has not been as effective as earlier. After his purple patch in October he has not scored for 9 matches.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Hospital Radio Swindon reporter suggest we could have scored six but come the end were lucky to come out with a point (BBC website suggests Village Green missed two very good chances late which is what I think Art is referring to). A good game to watch from his neutral viewpoint.

Exehausted

The Hospital Radio Swindon reporter suggest we could have scored six but come the end were lucky to come out with a point (BBC website suggests Village Green missed two very good chances late which is what I think Art is referring to). A good game to watch from his neutral viewpoint.
How anyone can say we were lucky come the end beggars belief. Jamille Matt didn't get to a good cross but that was it in the second half. Their subs did nothing, our defence was solid through out the second half. Cam had very little to do.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Their GK was the man of the match, which says it all.
Can't fault any of our players tonight, just hope they do it in every game from now on

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC's Report

Luke McGee's goalkeeping masterclass helped League Two leaders Forest Green earn a 0-0 draw against Exeter in a tense West Country derby.

It was Exeter who started the brighter, with Josh Key slamming wide from Matt Jay's deflected strike.
Forest Green were a whisker from getting their noses in front, captain Jamille Matt a boot away from touching in a Nicky Cadden cross in the 17th minute.

The Grecians responded as the impressive Jay brought a brave block out of McGee.

The move of a scratchy opening 45 minutes saw Cameron Dawson glove a near-post strike from Barnsley loanee Jack Aitchison after an audacious turn and spin from Kane Wilson.

The stalemate was almost broken by the visitors when Archie Collins' free-kick was superbly touched over by McGee with 54 minutes gone.

Exeter continued to hold sway and Timothee Dieng planted a free header wide when scoring looked easier.

McGee's reaction save with his feet prevented Dieng a certain goal with 11 minutes to go, leaving Rovers forced to settle for a point that moved them eight points clear at the top of the table.

Match report supplied by PA Media.

Red red

I thought city played really well tonight just missing the final touch. What a master stroke playing Harry Kite in the back 3 my mom but Diabete and Collins ran him close.Well done City I had it down as a 3-0 defeat. Keep playing like that and you will win a lot more games. Enjoyed it

Red red

On another note Kane Wilson applauded the City fans at start of second even talked to them during the half. Apparently City didn’t want him

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
How anyone can say we were lucky come the end beggars belief. Jamille Matt didn't get to a good cross but that was it in the second half. Their subs did nothing, our defence was solid through out the second half. Cam had very little to do.
Wasn't that the cross Diabate got a toe on? Saved a possible goal by putting the striker off.

hardi2b

I think he (Kane Wilson) turned city down