• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR v Exeter City Matchday Thread

ecfc2000

Oh dear.

Then I would suggest that he is never going to make it, certainly not at L1.

Sometimes City passed it well this afternoon, but most of the time it was like those 11 players had only just met.

Embarrisingly poor at times.
Agreed. It did however look promising when Burnell, Dunne and Panther were on the pitch. We controlled the ball well and created a couple of chances. Shame it only lasted 7 minutes. The rest of the match, as you say, was embarrising.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can't admit to have seen a pre-season game and am relying on my rose tinted cousin for info and reports and this is the second time in a matter of days I've heard him say, 'Edwards and Russell in midfield is very scary. Our back four is being left open to attack because of them. I'd sooner have a midfield of Manny, Ryan and Bertie'. This coming from a bloke who is more tinted than my mate geoffreywp. Nuff said me thinks.

Phil Sayers

Then I would suggest that he is never going to make it, certainly not at L1.
Do you know whether it is the same player as discussed earlier in the thread? Here is his picture:

http://www.pretronix.co.uk/phpPlayground/Luton/images/Squad/2007/7Morgan.jpg

If so then he has already more than made it in L1, at least as a winger, but seems despised by Luton fans for being (in their words) a c*nt.

happygrecian

Sounds like we do, just, have a team worth putting out next Saturday if Tis makes the right choices. Totally agree with you guys on Edwards and Russell...

I'm sure Tis will get it right - why would he not pick the strongest team to put out on the pitch?

ecfc2000

Do you know whether it is the same player as discussed earlier in the thread? Here is his picture:

If so then he has already more than made it in L1, at least as a winger, but seems despised by Luton fans for being (in their words) a c*nt.
yep, thats the guy.

malcolms

Having seen him play for Orient a couple of times last season, I truly would like to think that PT was setting his aim a little higher than this guy. Who know's he might come good but would have to improve a fair bit in my view.

cityno1ledgend

We better hope were on the ball from kick off next week cause Leeds will sure be as they beat Burnley today 2-1

Trust in Tis

Ian_Woodward

got to agree with everyone that i don't think russell has looked anywhere near good enough for league 1 football and neither is edwards (atleast as a starter)

id like to see bertie and manny in the center, with sercombe in there aswell if he plays 4-5-1, tho haven't seen much of the new signings so maybe one of them will start

cant wait for the season but there's not many players you look at and think wow he's good, jones, matt taylor, logan and sercombe if he keeps improving as he is

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wanted to give Russell a second chance after last season but on the evidence of the PSF's that would be a disaster.Looking at the whole of pre-season i'm getting quite nervous now.I believe we have the players in the squad, but will they be the ones that get the chance at Leeds & the 3 or 4 games after that?

Pete Martin (CTID)

Well, the one thing that is concerning me some, in the PSF's that I have seen, is that we seem to have largely lost the ability to win and to hold on to the ball.

For a while now that ability has been at the forefront of our game but it seems to be missing at the moment. We were constantly giving the ball away cheaply and I can't really remember seeing much of a tackle from anybody today.

Jonah was really top drawer. If the bulk of the team play like they did today at Elland Road I hope to God that Jonah produces today's form again because that's the only way we will stay in the game.

I'm convinced we DO have the players to hold our own in League One but getting the right combination will be very problematic, though I do believe Tis will do it.

I was reasonably impressed with Dean Morgan who worked hard and created good chances but failed to put 3 away by a whisker and also hit the upright. Sadly his career scoring rate for a 25 year old is just 0.10 goals per game which is, frankly, not good enough.

Barry Corr looked pretty impressive and, if he can stay injury free, will be an asset.

Tully did nothing wrong and was solid enough. Scrat just doesn't look League One standard, unless something changes dramatically with his game.

Tis was chatting to some of us before the game and said he thought it would be a hard season and suggested we could well face a few tonkings along the way.

Next week will be interesting.....

Last edited: