• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FAO Exeter Fans: Paul Tisdale

Rich-THSC-

Hanged by your own words, SSS. If he's been there less than a year how on earth can it be proven that he's one for stability?
The first is from when he was still trying to take control, the latter is one of the many articles in the last month where he is striving for said stability.

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1180901,00.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/7732997.stm

As I said before, he failed with Malpas and has acknowledged it. It doesn't mean he doesn't want stability. An important part of Malpas' job was to stay in the cups and within a week we'd been knocked out by Histon and Brighton... That was the final nail on the proverbial coffin for MM. Fitton was very loyal before that week, a few L1 managers had been sacked for less prior to Malpas' exit.

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
If its true, imo ling would be a sensible choice for swindon, good solid record in the f.l and an ex city / swindon player to boot. from what I recall he has a good record with the cheque book, its not a problem for us, but with a larger cheque book/transfer budget , he will have to know how to use it wisely . From what ive seen of p.t he only knows how not to use the cheque book. But as I say, no biggie for us. I have always had a soft spot for Swindon going back to the heady days of Peter Noble and the brilliant Don Rogers. fond memories especially of the league cup final win over the arse wipes. .Im not so sure Swindon have had the rub of the green in the recent past, so may i wish you all then best for the future. Though, hope fully not with our manager.

Benito

I think some of the stuff being said about Swindon Town FC is a bit harsh and uncalled for.

Anyways, I hope he doesn't go as he's an excellent young manager. I'm surprised there aren't more Grecians on here saying 'Good riddance!' what with some of the rubbish being shouted from the Flybe stand at home games recently.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah, Swindon are brilliant, take our manager, you're near his house, how great is that? The Robins, what a great nickname.

Sorry for disrespecting Swindon. Imagine mentioning their league position - be more sensitive people, come on! Wiltshire's finest! Wiltshire!

Rich-THSC-

Yeah, Swindon are brilliant, take our manager, you're near his house, how great is that? The Robins, what a great nickname.

Sorry for disrespecting Swindon. Imagine mentioning their league position - be more sensitive people, come on! Wiltshire's finest! Wiltshire!
Bet you enjoyed typing that ;)

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
..small town near Oxford..

Go away

Rich-THSC-

..small town near Oxford..

Go away
Sigh. Heaven forbid when people from non-rival clubs actually come on here with a mission to wind y'all up.

Last edited:

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
calm down - this is a footie forum...

Rich-THSC-

calm down - this is a footie forum...
Perfectly calm.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A little bit of sensitivity here people. With Honda about to go down the drain, then there is not going to be whole lot of point to the place of Swindon.