• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FAO Exeter Fans: Paul Tisdale

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Any suggestion that Swindon have a board that allow a manager to grow a side is completely ludicrous. Having grown up in the area I know that both the board and fans have absolutely no patience.
And what he said...;);)

Incontinentia

Amusing wind up ("locked in negotiations" rather gave it away) so well done on that.

Stranger things have happened of course, but would Tisdale be that interested in joining a team towards the bottom of League 1 (season dead except a possible relegation fight) which has got through four managers already just in the relatively short time Tis has been at SJP?

ecfc2000

Amusing wind up ("locked in negotiations" rather gave it away) so well done on that.

Stranger things have happened of course, but would Tisdale be that interested in joining a team towards the bottom of League 1 (season dead except a possible relegation fight) which has got through four managers already just in the relatively short time Tis has been at SJP?
also, their star striker (Cox) is set to leave in the Jan transfer window, so they could be joining us next season.....oh no, I forgot, we're going up arent we :D

COOMO

Looks like we should be safe from Swindon.

Swindon have asked Leyton Orient for permission to make O's boss Martin Ling their new manager on the advice of Glenn Hoddle, who launched his managerial career with the Robins. (Daily Mirror)

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Be disapointed to see him go to a club struggling not far above us in all reality , if a championship club came in id understand.

Hope The Mirror are right for once, I can see Swindon potentially could be the perfect move for Tis. He is no fool and if he was convinced he could do things his way then why not? Ok they may be in League 2 next season but have the potential to be decent Championship side.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
but have the potential to be decent Championship side.
They really don't.

Why not, bfs? Size of ground, average gates, wealthy chairman?

Rich-THSC-

It appears as though some people have made their opinions on STFC on the basis of looking at a football league table and the In Brief section of tabloid newspapers. Some comments in this thread have been a little bit harsh, each to their own but someone simply stated a rumour.

We have a very good chairman now in Andrew Fitton, you of all clubs should know what it's like to be mis-managed behind the scenes. Those days are hopefully over and done with.

In hindsight, the one and only thing Fitton has got wrong thus far was appointing Maurice Malpas who, on the field, had taken us nowhere which was a great shame. Malpas nailed the interview process and got the job, nobody could have predicted that it wouldn't work out.

Fitton desperately wants stability, someone that is in it for the long run and wants to talk to as many people as he can... whether or not he offers them a job. Clubs outside Devon cannot ignore Tisdale's success at Exeter, and a club like Swindon could easily make an approach. Like it or not, many will see Swindon as a step up from Exeter... I'm not saying it's the sensible option for Tisdale or that he'd be foolish for turning it down. EVERYONE has a price.

Swindon are no longer the notoriously poor, administration threatened football club which Fitton openly states were the laughing stock of the football league. The fact that we want a currently employed manager is suprising as we haven't paid comp for a manager since 1978.

For the record, I doubt very much that Tisdale is a main target even though I'd say it would a good move from our board. Malpas is a Scotland legend but some had written him off on the basis of having never heard of him. I couldn't imagine the reaction Tisdale would receive!?!

Max Payne 2

Fitton has been chairman for less than a year mate.
Hanged by your own words, SSS. If he's been there less than a year how on earth can it be proven that he's one for stability?