• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans/members skills list

Andy Holloway

Yes it is accurate When you want fans to pay into the trust but the club turn away help that can result in thousands of pounds saved for the club.

Red Bill asked a good question but not sure many people will answer him with some of exewebs finest who will be ready to shoot them down.

Our marketing is a joke or do you think it’s ok ?

What do we own ?
A number of well paid, professional footballers? Several motor mowers, a couple of tractors, a pressure washer, lots of forks for tending the pitch on match days.... the list is endless!!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our marketing is a joke or do you think it’s ok?
While I haven't undertaken an in-depth audit, I'd say that right now are marketing is very good for a League Two club with limited resources. Perhaps you could elaborate on what, exactly, you think the club could do better.

Dannyred

While I haven't undertaken an in-depth audit, I'd say that right now are marketing is very good for a League Two club with limited resources. Perhaps you could elaborate on what, exactly, you think the club could do better.
Limited resources ?

I really must of been dreaming we sold some players & made big money so unsure why limited resources for marketing surely this is important?

CityTillIDie

This is a great idea, even the smallest things can be surely a massive help

Red Bill

Yes it is accurate When you want fans to pay into the trust but the club turn away help that can result in thousands of pounds saved for the club.

Red Bill asked a good question but not sure many people will answer him with some of exewebs finest who will be ready to shoot them down.

Our marketing is a joke or do you think it’s ok ?

What do we own ?
We don't know this is accurate, we can't know it unless we know what experience fans of other clubs have in this respect. I only have the experience of a fan of one other club, a fan of the greens who ran a successful video production company and had offered to make promotional videos for the giggles completely free of charge, however they weren't interested. Now it could be that it's just us and the Cornish that are bad in this respect in the whole of football, but it could suggest that this is an attitude common in football. Therefore i'd say Andrew was right to describe your comment as a baseless dig.

It's a shame you couldn't have told me who you spoke to when you offered your help with shirts and how you contacted them rather than try to defend your comments first. If i'm going to do this i'll need feed back from all sides because simply sagging off the club is no help at all.

Red Bill

Please lets try not to get too defensive. We are a league two club, i've seen some of the club's job adverts, the pay is unsurprisingly terrible and isn't going to attract the best talent. Apart from trying to ensure the best ideas get an airing, the point of this is trying to get some free expertise from our fabase that the club wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. There could be a benefit to the club's employees, they may well learn from people with more experience at a higher level.

I think things are better now but there is room for improvement and there's nearly always a need for extra pairs of hands.

Last edited:

Dannyred

Please lets try not to get too defensive. We are a league two club, i've seen some of the club's job adverts, the pay is unsurprisingly terrible and isn't going to attract the best talent. Apart from trying to ensure the best ideas get an airing, the point of this is trying to get some free expertise from our fabase that the club wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. There could be a benefit to the club's employees, they may well learn from people with more experience at a higher level.

I think things are better now but there is room for improvement and there's nearly always a need for extra pairs of hands.

Bill please tell me how you think the club will listen to you and make changes when people have tried in the past and been ignored.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
So because something’s allegedly been tried in the past and allegedly failed that’s reason enough not to ever bother trying again in the future? Doesn’t sound like it’s the club that’s lacking in ambition...

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Limited resources ?

I really must of been dreaming we sold some players & made big money so unsure why limited resources for marketing surely this is important?
Again, please provide an example of something you think the club might have marketed better. Of course, there’s always room for improvement but the club’s marketing has come on leaps and bounds in recent years and, it seem to me, the ROI is good.

Dannyred

Again, please provide an example of something you think the club might have marketed better. Of course, there’s always room for improvement but the club’s marketing has come on leaps and bounds in recent years and, it seem to me, the ROI is good.
The trust has how many members ?