• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum - Tuesday 24th July

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I feel a bit of a buzz around SJP at the moment,something that has been missing for a while,despite a couple of successful seasons recently.
Matt Taylor came across as calm & relaxed.He did not make rash predictions or statements,nor did he speak in riddles.Promised a more exciting attack dynamic at home & honest to say everyone back for corners,because the stats prove it’s successful.
Can’t frigging wait for the season to start,something I have not felt for years.

dontpassback

I feel a bit of a buzz around SJP at the moment,something that has been missing for a while,despite a couple of successful seasons recently.
Matt Taylor came across as calm & relaxed.He did not make rash predictions or statements,nor did he speak in riddles.Promised a more exciting attack dynamic at home & honest to say everyone back for corners,because the stats prove it’s successful.
Can’t frigging wait for the season to start,something I have not felt for years.
100% agree,plain and simple,but with passion and ambition,I think the feelgood factor is sweeping over st James park and the season hasn’t even started yet,UTC !

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I feel a bit of a buzz around SJP at the moment
Bingo. I've not been this excited about a new season, new era, new signings since City signed Lee Sharpe, Don Goodman etc. Oh, hang on a minute...

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I don't agree with pulling everyone back for corners, makes sense having the likes of stockley defending them as he is so good in the air, but I would at least occasionally like to see someone with a bit of pace near halfway to force the opposition to keep two back. When someone like Matt Jay or maybe Sparkes is on the pitch I would have thought they would be ideal to provide a counter attacking option. Having said that Matt speaks very well and he has to do it his way , so if he feels that is best then so be it.

I agree that their is a better feeling at the moment , and I am looking forwards to seeing us play. The signings for me some to have decent pedigree of being able to play at the level above on the whole, and looks reasonably physically robust. I don't think we will be tippy tappy pushovers.

Oldsmobile-88

Bingo. I've not been this excited about a new season, new era, new signings since City signed Lee Sharpe, Don Goodman etc. Oh, hang on a minute...
Ha..Difference is now there are not a couple of goons running the club & interfering with team recruitment :D

denzil

Very good tonight from Matt and Eric (Kinder) but special mention must be made too of comedy duo Taylor and Stockley

Grecian2K

Great to hear mate!!! (y)

(Especially from an old curmudgeon like yourself ;) )

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just caught up with the forum. Everyone seemed very relaxed particularly Jayden and Jake and I cannot help but feel that would not have been case had Tisdale been present.

Good or bad manager he had a huge ego never seemed that relaxed in situations like tonight and think his demeanour tended to overshadow and constrain others around him from expressing themselves freely.

Once again as different as chalk and cheese from his predecessor. MT clear simple, direct and above all informative not needing to slow down his delivery to enable him to come up with some high faluting language.

He has made some quality signings and both myself and my better half really cannot wait for the new season to start UTC.

muppetdodger

Lets just hope stockleys impending departure doesn't ruin the party!

scottus86

Seems strange for Stockley to do the fans forum if he is on the verge of leaving. If I were Matt Taylor, I'd be selling him a vision of league one football and that we already have a first team worthy of playing at that level. Make Stockley feel like an important part of the future of the club and has the potential to become a club legend. Make him realise that he knows our club, knows how to score here. Get him to look at our signings and show him our intent and sell him our future.