• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup replay in four days

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Luton and Rochdale drew 3-3 on Saturday. For years now in the FA Cup from round 1 onwards, the replays yhave taken place 10 days later, to allow for the police. Unless my Teletext is playing up, this one is scheduled for 4 days after the original tie.

Is the same going to happen if we draw at MK Dons? Or is this just television having its way again?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was next week?

Shortround

Is the same going to happen if we draw at MK Dons? Or is this just television having its way again?[/QUOTE]

Dont worry we'll never get a draw at mk dons!

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was next week?
Actually seen elsewhere that it's tomorrow - could be a PA muck-up but might indeed be tomorrow.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
It is indeed tonight live on ITV4 if you wish to tune in

Oldsmobile-88

Back to the good 'ole days,when all replays were the following week....This practice stopped around 1992,after lots of pressure from the old bill...Of course the arrangement makes it easier to arrange all ticket games.Something that could not happen,if the replay is so soon after the original fixture..

heathy1

I thought the following tuesday after the game was only a FA trophy thing, not an FA cup thing, weird!, or is it just a telly thing?

grecIAN Harris

It happened and Luton have knocked Rochdale out 2-0 at Spotland.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Luton scored with their first shot on goal in the game during the 2nd half. Dale got punished for not finishing off a hatful of a chances and when Luton scored it knocked the stuffing out of Dale. No Bash in the lineup at all for Luton either after bagging a brace on Saturday

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Very strange (but entertaining) game. Luton hardly had any play for most of the match, a couple of shots aside that the 8 year old Rochdale keeper kept out, then went and scored twice.

Ex-City loanee George Pilkington was magnificent for Luton.