• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2nd Round Draw

Grecianpasty

Lowest ranked side away would probably mean tv cash
Pretty sure that's Canvey island. I believe we played them last in the conference 9 years ago.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Pretty sure that's Canvey island. I believe we played them last in the conference 9 years ago.
We've never beaten them?

Grecianpasty

We've never beaten them?
Played them 4 times. Lost twice and drawn twice. Last meeting we lost 1-0 back in 2004. Moxey on the bench that day.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've never beaten them?
Yes, We've played Canvey four times in the league and they were some of the most miserable games I've ever witnessed. I don't remember much about the first home game but, IIRC, the second game was played in a monsoon and should never have gone ahead; not only did we lose in almost impossible conditions but it also wrecked the pitch for the rest of the season.
I went to the first away game and it's a pretty grim place to watch football with the wind whipping off the Thames estuary. The island itself, though was an interesting place to visit; not sure if it's been gentrified but back then it was like stepping back in time.

Grecianpasty

I'd love to play arg#le at home. The opportunity to be on TV and get another one over them is just too tasty.

Reactions: Ash

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
The draw at Canvey in April 2005.Canvey equalised late in the injury time that had ramifications at the end of the month when the Grecians missed the playoffs by a point.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd love to play arg#le at home. The opportunity to be on TV and get another one over them is just too tasty.
No. The risk of losing is too great. I'd rather they lose to someone like Carlisle, away.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The draw at Canvey in April 2005.Canvey equalised late in the injury time that had ramifications at the end of the month when the Grecians missed the playoffs by a point.
And we had only taken the lead on the 81st minute!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No. The risk of losing is too great. I'd rather they lose to someone like Carlisle, away.
Never fear the losing, just enjoy the winning, and to be fair our recent record against them is very good. They won't fancy another trip to SJP after last seasons debacle, they're still having nightmares about it now.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
That was the day I sat on the wall alongside the Thames with me fish&chips 😋
Can anyone remember the home match we lost 2:0 v Canvey Island which was played in monsoon like conditions December time I think...I have never seen a game played at SJP where the conditions were as bad as they were that day.