• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2018/19

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't care who we get so long as it's at home and we're in the second round. I would like to see us go on a proper cup run this season and by that I mean reach at least the fifth round. Is it a lot to ask? Maybe but it's about time we caught the footballing worlds eye as a football team rather than having the second longest serving or best dressed manager or having a successful youth policy (laudable as that is). I want people to see our first team properly pulling up trees. Anyway, success breeds success and this will go hand in hand with our match to the League 2 title.;)

Tim Long

Away at Guiseley maybe a step too far for them BUT if they were to win they have a great chance of reaching the First Round Proper for the first time ever as they've drawn Stourbridge at home.

Would be a great acheivement for them to reach the FA Cup 1st Round and you never know, they could even draw us!
The irony being that if they beat Guiseley the Stourbridge tie would be at the same time as Grimsby v City.

IndoMike

I want Man Utd in the final : I think we have a chance.

Ashford Grecian

Hoping Worthing can win their final qualifying round and a trip to "The Rebels" at Woodside Road would be my choice :)

Last edited:

les.gtfc

The irony being that if they beat Guiseley the Stourbridge tie would be at the same time as Grimsby v City.
Correct, if Clee do beat Guiseley tonight the Stourbridge game is scheduled for the 20th of October. We've both been at home on a few occasions so I assume there would be nothing to stop both games going ahead, even though the 2 grounds are less than a couple of miles apart.

Last edited:

budegrecian

I want Man Utd in the final : I think we have a chance.
We possibly do. They certainly don't.

Red Devon

Wouldn’t be too disappointed with an early exit from the Cup this season...I know there’s the potential for a big money windfall to be had but I wouldn’t want anything to derail our promotion push...this league is very, very difficult to get out of and I want promotion and league 1 football over any glamorous 4th round tie against the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool reserves ....UTC!

Colesman Ballz

Wouldn’t be too disappointed with an early exit from the Cup this season...I know there’s the potential for a big money windfall to be had but I wouldn’t want anything to derail our promotion push...this league is very, very difficult to get out of and I want promotion and league 1 football over any glamorous 4th round tie against the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool reserves ....UTC!
Conversely it didn't seem to do us any harm in 1989-90 when we finished Champions. Getting to a FA CUP 3rd round Replay at Norwich, and a League Cup 4th Round replay at Sunderland, both boosted the team's confidence, and the interest of the fans.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Josh Key and Joel Randall starting for Tiverton Town tonight in their replay away to Met Police.

Colesman Ballz

Josh Key and Joel Randall starting for Tiverton Town tonight in their replay away to Met Police.
Good luck to them, would love to see them get into the First Round (Proper) again. Remember going to watch them lift the FA Vase at Wembley, some 20 years ago. Sat in the Tivvy end, which was a sea of Yellow, proudly wearing my (Concept Incorporated ?) red and white stripes. Did get a few odd looks, but no hassle particularly when I was cheering them on.