• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st round

Exe on Valdez

We must be due an 'easy on paper' home tie to a lower ranked non league club like Chelmsford Town or Paulton Rovers.
I have a horrible feeling that we wouldn't make it easy in practice. As hungry as I am, I'm not wishing for a banana skin.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We must be due an 'easy on paper' home tie to a lower ranked non league club like Chelmsford Town or Paulton Rovers.
Chelmsford will be very upset to have been downgraded to a town.

Terryhall

or Curzon Ashton or Warrington... be careful what you wish for!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
or Curzon Ashton or Warrington... be careful what you wish for!
The difference being at home rather than away young Terrance.

Alistair20000

somebody rubbish at home please....Argyle it is then
Seconded.(y)

Let's send the feckers back down the A38 after a good thrashing with the Porkstain leading the tears.

IndoMike

Plymouth for round 2. Beat 'em and get MU away 3rd round. That would really p*ss 'em off.

Alistair20000

Plymouth for round 2. Beat 'em and get MU away 3rd round. That would really p*ss 'em off.
Agreed, even better (y)

muppetdodger

The 4th qualifying rounds are due to be played this weekend I believe. The current lowest-ranked team is Shildon AFC (9th tier of the pyramid).

Quite a few tempting names there that we could draw - Torquay would no doubt be a great draw for both clubs but I'd also like to see Hereford (if only for the Stanno song to get full voice), Bath City (for the Tisdale connections) or FC United of Manchester (although the inevitable "giant Exeter City vs minnow FCUM" from the BBC may be more than I could stomach)

On a personal level, I once played (and won) in a local Sunday league cup final which was held at Ossett Town FC so would be fun if we drew them away and I could then legitimately claim to have played on the same pitch as ECFC.
Wasn't Tisdale at Team Bath, not Bath City. Here to be proved wrong. Team Bath no longer exist as a side.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
From what I can see it appears none of the Clubs that have previously caused us to be embarrassed are still in it /QUOTE]

I think Bognor Regis are still in!

Terryhall

Wasn't Tisdale at Team Bath, not Bath City. Here to be proved wrong. Team Bath no longer exist as a side.
He was, but Bath is still a connection of sorts :)