• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ExeWebber elected to parliament

Exehausted

I can answer that one. Some Labour Party members are also members of the Co-operative Party, whilst others aren't.
Thanks Egg.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can answer that one. Some Labour Party members are also members of the Co-operative Party, whilst others aren't.
Just for you Egg - here's a picture of the Co-operative Party just off Queen Street ... :cool:

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tony, can I ask what the difference is between the Labour Party candidates and you and Phil Bialyk standing as Labour and Co-operative party candidates?
The Co-operative Party was set up in 1917 and since 1927 has had an electoral agreement with the Labour Party. It was set up by the co-op movement to support the needs of co-operative organisations which at the time were far bigger than today. However, co-op orgnisations are far wider than the co-op shop and of course an example of a commmunity co-operative is Exeter City owned by the community. So in the example you asked Phil and myself are both members of the labour party and the co-op party. By standing on a joint ticket funding goes from the co-op party to the Labour Party and co-op councillors would support and promote the needs of co-operatives in Exeter. As I was standing in St. James I would have been seeking ways to increase support to ECFC. However, it wasn't to be .....

David Treharne

However, it wasn't to be .....
I think you ought to just park this thread,Tony

Oldsmobile-88

The Co-operative Party was set up in 1917 and since 1927 has had an electoral agreement with the Labour Party. It was set up by the co-op movement to support the needs of co-operative organisations which at the time were far bigger than today. However, co-op orgnisations are far wider than the co-op shop and of course an example of a commmunity co-operative is Exeter City owned by the community. So in the example you asked Phil and myself are both members of the labour party and the co-op party. By standing on a joint ticket funding goes from the co-op party to the Labour Party and co-op councillors would support and promote the needs of co-operatives in Exeter. As I was standing in St. James I would have been seeking ways to increase support to ECFC. However, it wasn't to be .....
Thanks Tony....I was just about to ask 😎😁

STURTZ

Wasn't Webb (we used to call him dweeb) a bus conductor from Stonehouse. Seem to remember he ran off with a players wife?

Oldsmobile-88

Just for you Egg - here's a picture of the Co-operative Party just off Queen Street ... :cool:

More of a party going on there than in the Co-oP Manchester music venue 😁

Oldsmobile-88

Wasn't Webb (we used to call him dweeb) a bus conductor from Stonehouse. Seem to remember he ran off with a players wife?
Sounds like a story from The Daily Star 😁

dontpassback

Yes he did,I think it was the centre half’s wife,but Newell won’t here anything bad said about him !

Exehausted

Thanks Tony, I had no idea. Very interesting.