• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Upgrades :- New Server, New Software, New Look

lmartin

Administrator
Thanks G2K. Here's to hoping this fixes 'your' infamous bug!

1) I will do my best to keep downtime to a minimum. I suspect I will start around 10pm one evening next week (weeknight) and carry on until I'm done... all going well it should then be back up by first thing in the morning for most people. There may then be the odd niggle I need to iron out that will only show up with 'real life' load.

2) All existing posts / content / avatars / images / profile pics etc.. etc.. should be moved across as is. From a data point of view it's a simple upgrade and switch :). Once we're over we'll be able to carry on exactly where we left off.

3) Nope, covered by 2 above. All user profile info including post count / setting etc... will be migrated over.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for the answers Liam, but cummon, play fair. I'm ALREADY in enough EW troubles as it is :(

As I've already explained to the fair Lady Gail at probably tedious length ;), the "infamous bug" was and is, PAFC-all to do with me - wish I were blessed with such IT skills.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really like the new style. [y]

MikeGrecian

Thumbs up from me,reminds me of the matchday programme.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
looks good. The ones who dont like it initially will become used to it over time

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks good to me. Just need to pop in the Social Groups and off we go.

What's going under The Team section? Will there be profiles of the Steering Committee, age, height, weight, place of birth, favourite sandwich filling, and so on?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
I see the 'steering committee' has gone underground. As a phrase at least. Is this an endorsement of transparency or the death of it? I hope the new software will help me understand ... [y]

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I see the 'steering committee' has gone underground.
They tried burying me Rae, but with that good ol' Exeweb fighting spirit I couldn't be kept in my dark, dank tomb for long.

Realising their guilt, they've all gone on the run, like the fugitives they are...

... well, all except Liam, who clearly has no shame, so he spent his time giving the Exeweb bodywork a bit of a wash and turtle wax.

Pretty, ain't it?

:D

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Indeed, Mr Spanky, you appear to be the sole steerer. As such, I am cofident we won't hit the rocks. Glad you're hanging in there.
Yep, Mr Martin has done a fine looking job on HMS Exeweb. Looking forward to the maiden voyage ... :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looking forward to the maiden voyage ... :)
She handles really well. I like the look of the mobile version, but still needs some tweaking - in terms of things to click on.

Disappointing it doesn't detect drivel and ask "Do you really want to submit that?". Maybe with version 5?

Last edited: