• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Guilty Pleasures

Radio Free Skaro

Keep it clean - I am of course referring to cheesy musical classics that you love but can never ever admit to ,for risk of losing your street cred forever!

1) Escape The Pina Colada Song By Rupert Holmes - I have to admit having a soft spot for this - it makes me smile and takes me back to when I was about 10, its catchy and happy and goofy. I like songs with stories ### Spolier alert### Rupert puts an ad in the personal columns (as he is a bit bored with his woman) only to find when he turns up on the blind date, it is his own lovely lady who turned up. What are the cahnces of that?!

(31) 10. Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song) - YouTube

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Keep it clean - I am of course referring to cheesy musical classics that you love but can never ever admit to ,for risk of losing your street cred forever!

1) Escape The Pina Colada Song By Rupert Holmes - I have to admit having a soft spot for this - it makes me smile and takes me back to when I was about 10, its catchy and happy and goofy. I like songs with stories ### Spolier alert### Rupert puts an ad in the personal columns (as he is a bit bored with his woman) only to find when he turns up on the blind date, it is his own lovely lady who turned up. What are the cahnces of that?!

(31) 10. Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Piña Colada Song) - YouTube
If I remember correctly this became a hit off the back of Terry Wogan playing it constantly on his R2 show, something he did with other hits I think.

Radio Free Skaro

If I remember correctly this became a hit off the back of Terry Wogan playing it constantly on his R2 show, something he did with other hits I think.
Good old Terry, Mr Wogan is sorely missed .

1) Escape The Pina Colada Song By Rupert Holmes

Number 1 in the states only made no 23 over here, what were we thinking?!! you can't tell me there were 22 songs in the chart at the time better than that! Captain Beaky et al FFS!

iscalad

Good old Terry, Mr Wogan is sorely missed .

1) Escape The Pina Colada Song By Rupert Holmes

Number 1 in the states only made no 23 over here, what were we thinking?!! you can't tell me there were 22 songs in the chart at the time better than that! Captain Beaky et al FFS!
Captain Beaky was brilliant. Bought the album.....

Radio Free Skaro

Captain Beaky was brilliant. Bought the album.....
Isca you officially want it noted on Exeweb for posterity that your guilty (pleasure?) is Captain Beaky and his band?
PS I take you word for it about the album!

Radio Free Skaro

Isca you officially want it noted on Exeweb for posterity that your guilty (pleasure?) is Captain Beaky and his band?
PS I take you word for it about the album!
2) Captain Beaky & his band - Keith Michell

Spoonz Red E

2) Captain Beaky & his band - Keith Michell
Satin finish bomber jacket, cricket jumper and peaked hat.
Subversive stuff.
Post punk anarchy at its finest.