• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Wycombe (League Cup) Prediction and discussion thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Potential for progression to the next round I'd have thought? 1-0 AET. Attendance of 3299.

Jason's preview

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Potential for progression to the next round I'd have thought? 1-0 AET. Attendance of 3299.

Jason's preview

Alex Hartridge has tested positive for COVID so definitely won't be featuring.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can't work out if this is being streamed or just Radio Devon commentary. Anyone know?

older-codger

Can't work out if this is being streamed or just Radio Devon commentary. Anyone know?
iFollow only indicates audio, which is a surprise as I thought Tuesday cup games were streamed

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
League Two All scheduled midweek matches (unless selected by Sky Sports)

Displaced weekend matches – matches which are moved from Saturday 3pm kick-offs for non-TV purposes (at the discretion of the Home Club)

Bank Holiday matches (at the discretion of the Home club)

Matches that fall on an International Weekend will be streamed.

Papa John’s Trophy matches (apart from the Semi-Finals and Final which are live on Sky Sports)
Overseas supporters can watch live all EFL League Two games provided that they have not been selected for international television broadcast in a territory that has an overseas broadcast partner
As this is the Caraboa cup and not the pizza trophy I would say no ifollow video
Further from the EFL site
"No Carabao Cup or The FA Cup matches will be available to watch on the service."

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think the non streaming of midweek Carabao and FA Cup games may be due to broadcasters having rights to televise games at identical times

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
how many changes from Saturday? MT had said there would be changes.

Slightly more worrying, we have a fixture (Chelsea U21 in the Papa Johns IIRC) arranged for second round day, which speaks volumes about the priority given to this game)

Obviously Dieng and Grounds not to start, so its Kite and Dyer if the formation is unchanged, but otherwise Kite and Rowe. Similarly Jay may need a break as some say he didn't look 100% from last week's injury. And Brown and Nombe could probably do without 3 games a week at this stage.

I reckon all the outfielders on Saturday's bench will start on Tuesday - Dyer, Caprice,Rowe,Kite, Dodd and Seymour.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
My guess for the starting XI would be:

(Gk) Dawson
(Rwb) Caprice
(Rcb) Sweeney
(Cb) Ray
(Lcb) Dyer
(Lwb) Rowe
(Rcm) Kite
(Lcb) Dieng
(Cm) Dodd
(Att) Seymour
(Att) Nombe

Subs: (Gk) Lee, (Cb) Diabate, (Rwb) Key, (Lwb) Sparkes, (Cm) Atangana, (Cm) Veale, (Att) Brown

Grecian_Nick

My guess for the starting XI would be:

(Gk) Dawson
(Rwb) Caprice
(Rcb) Sweeney
(Cb) Ray
(Lcb) Dyer
(Lwb) Rowe
(Rcm) Kite
(Lcb) Dieng
(Cm) Dodd
(Att) Seymour
(Att) Nombe

Subs: (Gk) Lee, (Cb) Diabate, (Rwb) Key, (Lwb) Sparkes, (Cm) Atangana, (Cm) Veale, (Att) Brown
My only question on this are:
- Might we see Harry Lee starting? If he has been promised game time then surely cups games are his opportunity? Or maybe just Pap Johns/PL Under 23 Cup?
- Maybe Attangana instead of Dieng just in terms of fitness (or maybe Veale instead of either if Taylor really wants to give the youngsters a run out)

Pobbop

In the end if Lee is on the bench there is every chance he may feature in the League, so I feel he really needs to play in these matches. Can't have him come on cold.