• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Southampton U21s - EFL Trophy match day thread. 7pm kick off

Edna Clouds

Harper is looking much better with some games under his belt. King looks good. Cox has been quiet. Kegs at times has been more wasteful than harper but again in the right place at the right time.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt who?

Cowshed Grecian

Scores goals this chauke boy

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Cowshed Grecian

Unless there’s some eligibility criteria I don’t understand I think it’s odd Sweeney, Hartridge and Sparkes are starting tonight.
Although with Grounds in the video of players arriving at the stadium maybe he’s close to a return.
Hopefully they’ll all get through unscathed and be available for Barnsley, but I’ll still take my boots up there just in case.
Hartridge and Sparkes is a weird one, injury prone the pair of them

Ian Tarr

Hartridge and Sparkes is a weird one, injury prone the pair of them
Since we have to play some established players as per the rules, giving James and King full debuts in the back five, it seems only reasonable to me to line them up with some experienced team-mates. In any case we don't have too many more candidates to play back there at the moment.

budegrecian

Been well on top so far in the second half; could well have scored a couple more.

budegrecian

Cox, Sweenz & Hartridge off.
Key, Jevani & Billington on.

budegrecian

Harper & Sparkes off.
Borges & Caprice on.

ExeterCraic

Some lovely passes from King so far, difference in the technical ability in academdy cbs now compared to the past is great to see.
Might've actually been James who I was looking at, King and James have both looked impressive anyway.