• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Macclesfield Prediction Thread

GJW

4-0 to Exeter in front of 3500. Looking forward to coming down for this one. Come on City!

Last edited:
The club have been pushing the promotions hard for this match so hopefully that might put a few on the crowd.

As for the team, I presume two games in 4 days will be seen as too much for Woodman so Moxey will return as left back, Otherwise I would be tempted, as others have said, to play Moxey at centre back to make use of his experience. After all the Croll and O'Shea partnership didn't exactly excel against Blackpool.

I would love to see Collins come in for Taylor but fear that playing all three of O'Shea, Collins and Abrahams would be too much inexperience. The alternative of playing Martin from the start doesn't inspire much confidence, though.
Martin suspended 5 league bookings, Taylor available 4 league bookings and one league cup booking - this season bookings are competition specific.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Martin suspended 5 league bookings, Taylor available 4 league bookings and one league cup booking - this season bookings are competition specific.
Confirmed on the FA website

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
FFS, that's the last time I trust the word of Messrs Conway and Kirk!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm puzzled.

Taylor was definitely on the FA list along with Martin, Tillson and Stockley with 4 yellows before the game on Saturday, I checked. But he has now disappeared entirely from the list despite being booked on Saturday. If he is not suspended, should he now not now be listed as one booking away, like Tillson and Stockley are, as he now has four league yellows (as well as one in the EFL Cup).

To make it more complicated, the 5 bookings rule now seems to apply to the first 19 EFL games not the 30th November, so if Jake has got away with it so should Tillson and Stockley as they all have four EFL League 2 cautions.

Can any expert clear this up?

Update: one of Tillson's yellows was in the FA Cup game, but Stockleys were all in the League. Even more puzzled.

Last edited:

Andy Holloway

That website says Martin's suspension STARTS on 24th and ENDS on 27th, so is that 0001 on 24th and 0001 on 27th, ie 1 game or 0001 on 28th ie 2 games? If the former then he should be available to play tomorrow night.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree with those who have said this will be tight (especially as we haven't won in the league in a while) - looking at Macclesfield's results and while they have generally been on the losing side they have rarely been beaten out of sight (West Ham excepted), so appear at least to be competitive in matches.
Looks that way. Lost recently 2-0 at Tisdale All Stars. Before that lost 1-0 at both Cambridge and Tranmere.

ECFC89

Last time we played Macclesfield at home, on a Tuesday, it was during our promotion season to League One and we managed 2,800. Will be impressed if we get some of the figures quoted on here.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Won't be as easy as some think they will be fresh from their win in Saturday - still think we will edge home - 2-1 Stockley / Law

Att 3,101

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately I am away from Exeter tomorrow night so will be missing the Macclesfield scene. Potential banana skin game as we ought to win comfortably but I think it might be scrappy and tight. I expect us to edge home by one goal and Stockley will be on the score sheet; hopefully at the correct end.

I see our old chum Hutt Brextable will be blowing the whistle. Hope he has been keeping off the pies.

Last edited: