• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Salford build-up and guess work

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sticking with my Prediction thread entry of a 2-1 City win.

Tense nervy game on bad ground. Big Nige will get one of our goals. Bowman to miss a couple of sitters.
Be fair, Ali, usually just one sitter..

Avening Posse

If we go 442 I'd try
Ward
Sweeney MartinParkes Dickenson
Martin law atangana williams
Bowman Ajose

Hard luck on Jay, Taylor etc who could come on as subs. All about finding the killer passes to Ajose for me, I don't thing the wingback style suits his play. I'm sure he will get goals if we can serve him properly

Corey

Is the way I put the team out to difficult for you to read Manc? I thought it was fairly clear what the formation was.
I too am confused by your team. You seem to only have three defenders... either you’re suggesting playing Law at left wing back or Williams at left back, other than that I can see no decent way of putting those players in one XI

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Certainly won’t be a walk in the park against Salford - there still just in touch wil

IndoMike

The same way we managed most of last season with Law deployed on the left. As for too narrow, there's an out and out winger on the pitch. And ploddy, with the player who is most likely to get the ball and move it progressively quickest on the pitch in Matt Jay. And all this coming from the bloke who thinks we were playing with six in midfield at the start of the season.
This is what we call fake news.
And still waiting for you to explain the left side of your team

C j phill

Very nervy from us but slightly better of the two teams. Create a couple of chances but dont put them away. Salford score against the run of play late in first half, our remaining confidence goes out the window and they get a second. I've seen it so many times with City that it's now, almost a routine.

tonykellowfan

Taylor quoted on the BBC:

"I'll have to change it. The problem is I don't want to change it as they've done it throughout the season and been excellent, I shouldn't have to change it. I'm not looking to change it, I'm just looking at more belief that they can execute it."

Starting to sound like Tisdale.

Red Devon

Nige & Collins need a rest more than anybody to me, I’d stick with MJ and start Jake would also recall Ajose...Sweeney back in for Richardson who I rate very highly when played in a wide right forward position but a wingback he is most definitely not!!

Alistair20000

Nige & Collins need a rest more than anybody to me, I’d stick with MJ and start Jake would also recall Ajose...Sweeney back in for Richardson who I rate very highly when played in a wide right forward position but a wingback he is most definitely not!!
Big Nige had a rest when serving time for his red card and Archie has been on the bench a bit lately.

Red Devon

Lots of activity’s going on celebrating the 20th anniversary of the trust on Saturday 👍🏻