• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Oldham Matchday Thread

newburygrecian

Seen it now and it was both a pen and a red. Taylor may have been going wide, but the only other player in the box was Bauza, unmarked in the middle. One of them would have got a shot away without the foul.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
If it wasn't a foul, how come the ref didn't book him for a blatant dive?

Bottler, end of story.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
If it wasn't a foul, how come the ref didn't book him for a blatant dive?
If two players were to go shoulder to shoulder and one fell over, would that be a blatant dive? Or perhaps the one who fell over simply tripped and fell over - again, a blatant dive?

Why is it whenever someone goes to ground and a foul isn't given it's automatically a 'blatant dive'?

:S

SimonBB

If two players were to go shoulder to shoulder and one fell over, would that be a blatant dive? Or perhaps the one who fell over simply tripped and fell over - again, a blatant dive?

Why is it whenever someone goes to ground and a foul isn't given it's automatically a 'blatant dive'?

:S
The challenge wasn't shoulder to shoulder though. If the referee thought the defender got something on the ball then fair enough, if not than its a dive or a penalty.

Antony Moxey

The challenge wasn't shoulder to shoulder though. If the referee thought the defender got something on the ball then fair enough, if not than its a dive or a penalty.
Not saying it was, I was replying to the assertion that if a player goes down and a free kick isn't awarded that it must be a blatant dive. It's just an example of how that might not be the case.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
In this one incident it looks as clear cut as it gets, i think the ref was either too far away or simply bottled it. The only clearer penalty for city not given was chris fry v torquay in last minute just after flacky had levelled past fat nev southall.

It should have been a pen and red card, or a yellow for Taylor. Anything else is poor.

SmallHat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgLref-Dy7Y Slow motion replay of the incident!

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Tut, tut. Copyright infringement! :)

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Not saying it was, I was replying to the assertion that if a player goes down and a free kick isn't awarded that it must be a blatant dive. It's just an example of how that might not be the case.
I didn't make that assumption at all Moxey.

I fail to see how the phrase "If it wasn't a foul, how come the ref didn't book him for a blatant dive?" within a discussion about a specific incident in our game vs. Oldham, refers to all 50/50 challenges across the whole of football worldwide?

(and this wasn't even a 50/50 challenge - it was a blatant hacking job!)

Last edited: