• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v Mansfield Discussion Thread

Legohead

Banned
Back to back games in quick succession but will this mean back to back defeats i wonder? Yes is the answer if we play like we did against Port Vale, even given that the Stags are equally as poor this season as Vale are. Oddly enough it seems of late that teams with little to play for such as Oldham and Vale have shown far more desire to win a game of football than our lot. Mansfield are another team with little left to play for this season.

They do have ex Grecian Jamie Reid in their attack so he could come back to haunt us but by and large their side is an indication of why they are struggling. James Perch in particular i watched quite a few times when he played for Scunny last year. In fact i had a brief chat with him at a pre season friendly at Alfreton when he was a sub that day and warming up on the touchline. Seemed a good bloke but pleasantries aside, Perch did look like a player winding down his career and lacking interest and motivation during his time at Scunny. Certainly the times i saw him play.

He played CB in their latest defeat at home to Orient on Good Friday. They have only won once in their last 9 games and oddly enough that was against Cheltenham!

Mansfield are enduring yet another hugely disappointing season and the outlay that owner John Radford has poured into the playing side over the years should have seen them in L1 a while ago really. I sometimes go and watch Mansfield games, or i did pre-pandemic as the Wonk is only about 20 minutes away from me and like Fred with his Vale mates having bragging rights, i also know a couple of Stags fans and the same would apply to me after this game.

We have to win this game and we also have to show some pride, fight and actually start creating some chances for a change. Bowman needs to seriously sort himself out and i'd give him the first half to prove that he actually still gives a toss. If not then pull him at half time and leave him out of future squads. Jay needs to step up again and start being more of a sustained threat. In actual fact the whole side need to vastly improve on what they have given us in the last 5 games, other than Jokull who has saved us from some heavier scorelines in those games.

I actually can't see where our next win is coming from, let alone goal and so i'm going for a 0-0. Hoping i'm wrong and we can get the win. COYR!!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Somehow MT needs to try and inject some pace and energy into the team, apart from bringing Jake and Caprice back in and pushing Key forward again unless he’s prepared to start with Williams it’s difficult to see what else he can do.

milts

Time to put some faith in Dean and Kite. They have to be better options than Atangana and even Taylor on recent form. I’d start with a midfield 3 of Dean, Kite and Collins.

It cannot be any worse than the last 5 games

IndoMike

As usual with City, anything could happen in this game. We have to try and keep the faith : lets hope the players will, too.
After 5 or 6 games can't see how we're gonna turn this around, but with one last big effort and die for the shirt attitude it's not impossible we can reach the playoffs.
Do.the players have it in them to dig deep?

2-1 City.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've scored 2 goals in our last 5 games, that record belongs on here:

The Feckin' Dire Thread | Page 53 | Exeweb

IndoMike

We've scored 2 goals in our last 5 games, that record belongs on here:

The Feckin' Dire Thread | Page 53 | Exeweb
Problem no. 1 is that we miss Randall, although he wasn't firing on all cylinders when he got injured
Taylor needs to be in the team
And a few need a rocket up their arses. But if it's true that our main man Bowman is off there's not much that can be done. It's not solely his fault, either.

Legohead

Banned
Willmott also needs a firecracker up his ring. I was very impressed in his first couple of games but of late he's been really poor.

Alistair20000

We are going to win 2-0 because I perdicted this on the Perdiction thread.

And as for how we are going to achieve this......

Over to KMT

Legohead

Banned

Legohead

Banned
We are going to win 2-0 because I perdicted this on the Perdiction thread.

And as for how we are going to achieve this......

Over to KMT
No red card for Big Nige this game Ali? :sneaky: :p