• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Reserves v Yeovil Reserves - EFL (Mickey Mouse) Trophy - Group Stage

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Missing were Pym Sweeney and both Woodman and Moxey.That's 3 first choice out of 5 missing, with only JMT and Brown starting from the usual eleven so far this season
Dean Moxey has not appeared this season yet,inc friendlys..I was hoping he may have been on the bench tonight after the positive reports the manager has been saying about his fitness recently..

TAH had a game to forget tonight.Culpable for the 1st goal & he had a hand in the 2nd too.Yeovil for all of the goals they have shipped this season,looked reasonably comfortable against the Grecian front line in the 2nd half which was not encouraging..
I said 3 weeks ago I was worried about Moxey's injury since apparently he picked up some niggles at Bolton and they hadn 't cleared up during the summer break. At the moment it's not urgent I guess with Woodman available but it's now 8 weeks since the end of last season. We can only hope that he is being held back for a rainy day.

DanceMagnet

No Ryan Brunt in the team or on the bench, either. Yet another crock by the sounds of it.

Steve H

Result aside it was good to see some of the youngsters last night. Sparkes looked good as did Byrne in midfield (less so when he ended up as left back). Jay has enormous energy and harries the defence well but still not sure he's cut out for this level.

The big surprise was Kite who I'd never heard of... looked to get stuck in and composed though I wasn't quite sure in his positioning

Finally where does Sparkes goal rank in the list of youngest scorers?

PeteUSA

I guess Sparkes will be the next one in our shop window.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No Ryan Brunt in the team or on the bench, either. Yet another crock by the sounds of it.
Tisdale is happy with that, as once he's fit again we'll have a great player in the squad.

Banksy

I have my concerns about Moxey too Mike , hope he doesn't turn out to be on the sick list on and off since we've splurged a reasonable chunk of our budget on him. Especially when that money could have been splashed out on a quality midfielder which for me would be the last bit of the team jigsaw.
I liked Deano a lot in the old days , just hope he doesn't join TAH ,Brunt and co on the waiting list for our over used treatment table.(Saying that , TAH does seem to be getting more match fit at long last but I can't believe it will last long somehow although I live in hope.)

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a tricky one re Moxey as I want him back in the team but if rushing him means he'd possibly get a long-term injury th n I'm happy to wait. If he's still in full training it can't be long before he's able to make his return.

I'm also amazed we've gotten 3 starts out of Troy AH. Looks like we'll need him too with Croll's injury.

PeteUSA

I thought us participating in this competition last season was experimental, and that we weren't compelled to do so this time? It went down like a lead balloon last term, yet we participated again.

andrew p long

I thought us participating in this competition last season was experimental, and that we weren't compelled to do so this time? It went down like a lead balloon last term, yet we participated again.
No Pete. The format was experimental, not our involvement. The clubs (not us) approved continuing with the competition.

PeteUSA

No Pete. The format was experimental, not our involvement. The clubs (not us) approved continuing with the competition.
Thank you Andrew.