• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter or Plymouth??

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
I guess that as a player you'd want to live in Exeter, rather than smellyville. So any increase in salary offered at PAFC in theory be offset by travel costs. Exeter is much better situated than Plymouth, pretty much 30 mins closer to any major city (Truro doesn't count as a real city!).
Generally speaking, we have much more going for us than Plymouth in my opinion. Is there any correlation between port towns and their football clubs?
Does a 22 year old footballer really care what the town is like? I would suggest he is more interested in salary etc.

Red the Paper

Banned
We have a University they have a polytechnic
We have a Prison to lock up their scum, they let theres loose in North Prospect
We have head offices, they have distribution centres

PINHOE RED

Also their light house is painted red & white & we are officially Devon's capital City!!!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Does a 22 year old footballer really care what the town is like? I would suggest he is more interested in salary etc.
For example, would you (as a Devon based 22 year old) take £30,000 a year at Bristol Rovers or £30,000 at Tranmere. We aren't in a position to offer massive wages as a sweetener.

The internet is littered with stories of people not settling in a certain area.